eating

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

eating

Postby chosenfew » Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:26 pm

i cant seem to get full no matter what!! im gonna put on more and more weight coz i cant stop eating. i eat until i feel sick, which is after about two full meals and laods of snacks all after each other. i need to stop!!
chosenfew
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby ayeaiii » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:48 pm

Hi chosenfew,

You say you don't feel hungry, and then you feel sick.. so you go sraight from one to the other, without any middle ground? Maybe you could try eating slowly, see if it makes a difference, as it can take your brain a little while to register that you are full, so if you eat quickly you may eat beyond what you want.

Has this always been the case, or were your eating habits different ever? If they have always been like this, chances are you are just made that way, you need to eat a lot to support you, a metabolism thing, I guess. Also, if you have always eaten a lot, perhaps your body has just adapted to that. I eat a lot, more than I should, and always have, so now I feel genuinely hungry if I eat less than that!

Also, this is a really personal question so of course you don't have to answer, but I wonder have you already put on weight or are you just worried it will happen? Because I think it makes a difference.. if your appetite has increased but you remain the same, that could be a sign of diabetes, or something such as that, so you should go and see your doctor.

If so, I would also recommend seeing your doctor, as I'm sure they can find a diagnosis and help with this too.

Even if this is the way things have always been, if it concerns you, I would say go anyway, to put your mind at rest, if nothing else.

Best of luck with it!
xxxx
ayeaiii
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby chosenfew » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:02 pm

it hasnt always been lie this no. just over the past month. i can see my self getting a tummy and iv went from 7st 10 to 8 1/2 stone. i used to be dead skinny with no tummy at all. i know its only a little one but if i dont stop eating its gonna get bigger and bigger.
chosenfew
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby ayeaiii » Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:20 pm

Oh OK. You still sound to be very slim, but if it is concerning you, perhaps it is best to go to the docters. I'm sure they will be able to find any medical reason behind it, and treat you. Try not to worry, if it has only been a month, it may well be just a very short term thing.
Best of luck
xxx
ayeaiii
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby captainf » Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:30 pm

Has something significant happened in your life? Are you stressed over something? Having relationship problems? All these things can have a very big impact upon eating patterns and weight. I usually don't eat as much when I am down or stressed and rapidly lose weight, whereas other people eat more. Can you relate to that?

As suggested, if you're that concerned visit your doctor.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Moose » Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:36 pm

You've recently starting taking the pill, haven't you? Could it be something to do with that?
Moose
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby chosenfew » Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:34 pm

yep i started takin it three months ago. i will speak to my doctor and see what they say....thanks :D
chosenfew
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby ayeaiii » Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:37 pm

Your very welcome! Hope all goes well!! I think Moose may be right, it may be connected to the pill.. either way, don't worry, it will be OK! xxx
ayeaiii
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby chosenfew » Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:42 pm

if it is i dont want the doctor to change it coz it took me one month to get used to the one im on now. i couldnt handle another month of bleeding #-o
chosenfew
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby ayeaiii » Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:44 pm

Don't worry, I am sure the doctor won't make you do anythiing you don't want.
*hugs* xxx
ayeaiii
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to And the rest...