blacklist

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

blacklist

Postby chosenfew » Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:52 pm

hay guys i took out a contract phone last month and i cant afford to pay the bill as there are charges on there that were not explained to me. im thinking of concelling any charges going out of my bank but will my house get blacklisted if i dont pay it? its 106 pound :O
chosenfew
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Re: blacklist

Postby LincsGayMan46 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:54 pm

chosenfew wrote:hay guys i took out a contract phone last month and i cant afford to pay the bill as there are charges on there that were not explained to me. im thinking of concelling any charges going out of my bank but will my house get blacklisted if i dont pay it? its 106 pound :O

I am no expert in financial matters, but I would certainly never have a Mobile telephone on a Contract. Everyone I know who has had a contract mobile phone in the past has had problems with being charged for items that were not explained by the dealer when the contract was signed.

I would take this matter up with your dealer in the first instance, as they could be in breach of contract themselves, in which case you might not be liable to pay for anything other than the cost of the calls that you made.

Despite popular belief, there is no such thing as "blacklisting" anymore. However, your details will be recorded with Credit Reference Agencies which will make it difficult for you to obtain credit in future. BUT, that said, if you can prove that these extra charges were not explained to you, and that if they were you would not have signed the contract in the first place, then you simply write to the Credit Reference Agency concerned and ask that they update their files to reflect this fact. They are legally obliged to do this. But you have to prove that you were misinformed about what you would be charged for and this is why you are unable to pay the bill.

I'd scrap the contract phone anyway, and go for PAYG. That way there are no unexpected bills and charges to worry about. I would NEVER have a mobile phone on contract....they are a RIP OFF!!! (IMHO)
LincsGayMan46
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to And the rest...