interview

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

interview

Postby chosenfew » Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:47 pm

i have another interview on friday and i really wanna get the job. the only thing is when ever people ask me questions my mind goes blank and i dont know what there on about. for example when they say things like....think of a time when you have influenced someone in work?
i can never think and always just say that i dont know. this is why i find it really hard to get a job and i really do need one desperately. its getting me down being unemployed.
chosenfew
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby misskrystal » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:17 pm

Make some notes, asking yourself potential questions you expect to be asked and write down your answers (truthfully). That way, when you're asked a question, ie, "the following ......... is a common problem in the workplace, how would you deal with it and list an incident in the past where you have done so", you'll have an answer prepared. You can give answers from any part of you life, not only work. It's always good to express outside interests and you can draw on these for examples. Memorise your answers and you'll have a resource to utilise for all of your future interviews.

Another thing to remember is to have some questions of your own to ask your interviewer. Start thinking now about any information you may need before you start the job. You can take your notes with you if you like; it always looks good to be prepared. At the last job interview I had, my interviewer told an existing employee that he should be more organised like me!

The best approach to an interview is to be prepared. Know who you're interviewing with and try to do a little research. It looks great when an interviewee knows the business and can hold a conversation about the company in an interview. Also, don't be afraid to ask questions if there's something you don't know. It's always better to be honest about things than lie and get caught out.
misskrystal
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to And the rest...