money part 2.

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules

money part 2.

Postby chosenfew » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:31 am

as you may know i started my new job yesterday whioch im made up about. the problem is we get paid monthly and im not getting paid for five weeks :( im not gonna even be able to get myself to work as i dont have a penny to my name. i cant lend any money off my family or friends as i owe too much out. im just gonna have to leave this job an go back to claiming jsa :cry:
User avatar
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Posts: 785
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:47 pm
Location: England
Gender: Female

Postby jewel » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:23 pm


I am sure on job seekers there should be an employment action team(or similar name cant remember!!) They should help provide you with things like bus pass,train tickets or however you get to work.I am sure they can also give you vouchers for supermarkets that are just gift vouchers for your shopping & things to get you through the first month.I know i got something similar last year when i was returning to work.It would be worth contacting the job centre to find out.

Would be a shame to give up a job if you can find a way around it

Good luck
x x x
I am not in denial,just fussy about the reality i choose to accept :-$
User avatar
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:24 pm
Location: uk

Postby Squeak » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:30 pm

Have you spoken with your new employer Chosenfew? Most are really understanding about the changeover to monthly pay. Many of them will be able to arrange for you to have a small amount of your pay advanced to you to help you get over the first few weeks without money. The call centre I used to work in did that.

Also, if you left this job, would the JSA still be paid to you? I thought you had to be made redundant before they'd pay it to you. Are there restrictions if you leave a job voluntarily?

Anyway, I think your best bet it to speak to your HR/Finance department at work.

Hope that helps... :wink:
Squeak x

User avatar
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:51 pm
Location: Too near the North Sea...

Postby Moose » Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:36 pm

I definitely agree with Squeak: speak to your new employers and ask if they can help. Also, were you due a back-to-work bonus from the Job Centre? The JC where I am pays people up to £200 when they go back to work, depending how long they were signing on. You haven't mentioned this, so maybe you weren't out of work long enough (as far as the Job Centre are concerned).

If you quit your new job now you'll have to make a new claim at the Job Centre, and that could take several weeks to get sorted, so you may not be any better off. Plus you'll just be going round in circles, because unless you get a weekly paid job (depending what you want to do, they're not that common) you will need to wait a month to get paid when you start any new monthly paid job.

AND it does seem a shame to quit when you say you do actually enjoy call centre work.

If your new company can't help and you're not due any JC bonus, maybe (and I know it's no fun to have to beg) you could ask your family again. You're asking for money to get to work, not to doss about, and they must be pleased that you're back in a job.
User avatar
Taken Root
Taken Root
Posts: 2003
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2004 8:41 pm
Location: A forest
Gender: Female

Postby brfc » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:50 am

contact either the job centre or the citizens advice bureaux for help with travel. :D
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Posts: 1901
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:35 pm
Location: BATH
Gender: Male

Return to And the rest...

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests