Photo blues

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Photo blues

Postby NeverKnown » Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:02 pm

I feel rather silly just writing this but here goes...

I consider myself to be about average in looks but I'm probably the least photogenic person in the world. I always look awful in photos and I get really upset and nervous when I have to have one taken, which only makes them look worse. One of the ones I am really embarrased about is on my college student ID card. It's horrid because my hair is a mess (it was a hot day and I used to have a fringe so you can imagine) and I'm mid laugh in the photograph. I'm really embarrased when I have to show it to anybody and I don't think I'm allowed to have the photo changed or re-done.

What can I do to calm my nervousness?
NeverKnown
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby misskrystal » Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:30 pm

You need to find a pose or expression that works for you and make sure you use it whenever you're photographed. If you look at pictures of celebrities, most of them have a pose they use in almost all of their photographs, because they know what works best for them.

As for your college card, if you 'lost' it, you'd only have to pay a small fee to have it replaced :D
misskrystal
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Squeak » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:20 pm

Hey NeverKnown,

I totally sympathise with you! I have the exact same problem. I DETEST having my photo taken, so I know how you feel.

Just to say that the advice Miss Krystal gave is very good. See if you look better with your head either lowered or raised a bit. I'm dreading it, cos soon I'll have to have my student badge done at college, so may have to get hold of a paper bag for the day!!!! #-o
Squeak x

Squeak
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby bluelea » Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:16 pm

does everybody else think you look particularly bad in your photos?
alot of it could be just the way you see it?
I dont like having pictures taken, i always think i look the worst, but most of the time other people say i look fine in the picture which makes me think alot of it could be in my head, my self esteem isnt really low but maybe if i improve on that i'd like myself more in pictures, at the moment i cringe at the thought of them!!!!
I'm sure they are not as bad as you think, my passport is a really bad one!! but i dont know anyone who likes their passport photo!!-someone said to me which maes me laugh is 'if you look like you do in your passport photo you are too ill to travel!!!!' its true! it must be the way they print them!!!!
If you have a webcam maybe practice some poses on that or in front of the mirror, turning your head slightly to one side can also make a difference x x x
Remember, there is ALWAYS somebody worse off than you, never give up.
bluelea
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby art4u2006 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:20 pm

My guess is you look great, I cant think of anyone who likes their own photos except a poser.......Just chill and worry no more :)
art4u2006
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby JennaXXX » Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:15 pm

I am another one who hates having their photo taken. I get incredibly depressed about it. I always think that I look different to how I look on the photo!
It is true though that a lot of it is down to low self esteem and other people view you differently to how you view yourself remember! xxx
Whatever life throws at you, smile, hold your head up high and be the best you can possibly be.
JennaXXX
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby jimmy » Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:19 am

dont worry about it, almost everyone is the same and i'm the worlds worst for it. i only like my webcam photos but when i see photos of me normally i really cant stand them.

dont always judge people by photos, people tend to look a bit different in real life, so you are not alone. Some people are photogenic some peoeple are not, does not matter if you are the best looker in the world.
you scratch my back, i'll scratch yours...
jimmy
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby netballluva » Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:45 pm

parctise in the mirror! i do! you might feel a bit stupid but trust me it works! :wink: xx
netballluva
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby lyf-sucks » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:29 pm

im the same, and i agree wiv netballluver and it can help u feel confident
yeah, I'm fine, Everything's just wonderful, I'm having the time of my life.
lyf-sucks
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby gatekeeper » Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:31 am

I cant think of anyone who likes their own photos except a poser

I like my own photos and I'm a poser! :P Practise in front of the mirror. I've got a huge full length mirror in my bathroom, practise everytime I'm having a bath. I also love smiling after brushing my teeth, practise the width of my smile, how my eyes should "light up."

And yea, I do all that because I love taking pics, would never show anyone any of my ugly pics. They're well hidden. :P
Late at night when all the world is sleeping
I stay up and think of you and I wish on a star that somewhere you are thinking of me too...
So I wait for the day and the courage to say how much I love you
gatekeeper
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Return to And the rest...