Driving Test

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Driving Test

Postby Maryflan » Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:31 pm

Hey

I learnt to drive when i was 17 but failed the test.

I went to uni and started taking more lessons at 20. Plus resitting the theory, i failed my test again.

Now to be honest i feel like giving up. Iv spent so much money on it and i love the freedom of driving. But im scared that im just not good enough at driving. And if im no good at it i could really kill myself some day. Im a bit down about it anyone have any ideas?

Should i give up or not?
Maryflan
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Moose » Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:05 pm

How often were you having lessons? You really need to be having lessons as regularly as possible, preferably once or twice a week. Did you get any chances to practise driving in between your lessons? I know a couple of people who took an intense course in order to pass their tests. Maybe that would be better for you. You obviously know the basics if you've already taken your test a couple of times: your confidence just sounds like it's been knocked by failing. My ex other half failed her test 5 times, I failed once, and I bet there are loads of other people on this site who have failed their tests but passed eventually. It doesn't mean you're a bad driver as such: just that you weren't ready at the time of the test.

If you give up now it will be such a waste. I vote that you should carry on learning: once you pass, you'll have more choice with regard to your work (how many jobs advertised state that they want you to have a full driving licence?), and you'll be fully independent.

Good luck.
Moose
Taken Root
Taken Root

Return to And the rest...