Skin Care

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Skin Care

Postby splodge » Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:46 pm

I was just wondering if anyone knew of any good skin care products I could use.

I moisturise my face every morning and night with a light moisturiser and use a body moisturiser when I come out of the bath but that's it. I don't really use any face cleansing products because I don't know which are the best. I just tend to use this exfoliate every couple of weeks.

I'd like to have really clear skin on my face and just generally really soft skin. My face tends to get a little oily in the middle of the day as well, so I'd like to get rid of that. And I'd like to protect my skin from sunlight as well so...

Anyone know any good products that'll help?

Thanks xx
Slander against cats, write that down.
splodge
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Heavenly_Hailey » Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:48 pm

Well, i swear by the make 'simple'. they do some great products and have a three step set. i think its got a cleanser, a toner an a moisturiser. after usin that for a week my face felt lovely. thers nothin i love more than gettin that feelin when uv jus cleaned ur face. its like ur skin can breathe!!!
I did try clean an clear but woznt too keen on that, too harsh for my skin as its quite sensitive.
Hope that helps a bit
Hailey xx
Heavenly_Hailey
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby art4u2006 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:40 pm

I prefer aloe vera
art4u2006
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby ayeaiii » Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:58 pm

Anything with tea tree oil is very good for skin that gets a little oily. And it just generally gives you a nice, fresh, clean feeling! I love the tea tree oil range of the Body Shop.

Oh also! I have heard that people with slightly more oily skin have far less wrinkles when they are older because the skin is well lubricated, so to have that and also clear skin, and must say it sounds as though you have very lovely skin :D
xxx
¸.·`¯`·.¸¸.·`¯`· ¸.·`¯`·.¸¸.·`¯`·
Truth, Beauty, Freedom and Love
¸.·`¯`·.¸¸.·`¯`· ¸.·`¯`·.¸¸.·`¯`·
ayeaiii
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby netballluva » Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:25 pm

i have fairly oily skin and use clean and clear cleansing loition twice evryday. it works i promise :wink: ! i also use moisturiser and exfoiliate once (sometimes more) everyweek! i have quite sensitive skin aswell and if i use a certain product my face blows up in2 a beach ball! clean and clear is my fave! xx
netballluva
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby splodge » Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:51 pm

Hmm... I'll give them a try :)

Slander against cats, write that down.
splodge
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby groovy » Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:30 pm

Dont use anything too strong on your skin. Anything containing alcohol strips he skin of its natural oils and over time this will have an adverse effect on your skin and may cause it to age prematurely.

If you dont have a lot of spots.....do not use things like clearasil or anything powerful like that. You can control the oil by buying a make up base from boots no7 range....its a shine free make-up base and works wonders.

Develop a very simple skincare routine and stick to it. Always remove your make-up at night. I find cleansing my face with something like clinique face soap, then splashing cold water on my face and following this with oil of olay works great.

Only use night cream if you feel your skin needs it.......but really I find that a basic moisturiser morning and night is far better than overloading your skin with heavy creams and strong products.

And if you are on the pill, do ask your GP to change it to dianette.....this pill works miracles on your skin. My skin has never been clearer and it actively reduces the amount of sebum reduced. No more oily skin.

:D
groovy
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Meee » Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:33 am

Hey,
I had really bad skin up until a year ago. I started using a cleanser, toner and moisturiser, two times a day, and my skin has improved so much.

If your not too sure, then try using products from Johnsons, Nivea or Botanics - these products don't tend to be so strong and harsh.

hope it was useful

All the best x
Meee
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby brfc » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:54 am

dont use many skin products myself im beautyfull enough as it is. (hears my g/f choking on her cereal in the background) :lol: dont think she agrees :P
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby DiamondAngel » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:33 am

HI!

I absolutely love the St. Ives apricot face care products. They are really gentle but work wonders...and smell gorgeous.
:lol:
xxx :D
There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough.
DiamondAngel
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to And the rest...