mascara

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

mascara

Postby netballluva » Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:16 pm

ok this isn't really a problem i just wanted to know what mascaras you guys use coz i can't find what im looking for and when i do it too expensive! i have quite thin lashes so am looking for something to make them look a bit thicker :D xx
netballluva
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby froo » Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:32 pm

definitely maybelline great lash mascara (i use "tres noir" - the very darkest black one). the day they brought it out in waterproof, i did a little jig in Boots and got a round of applause from the till staff :oops: but it was sooo worth it. and highly affordable at about 5-6 quid.
froo
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby netballluva » Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:51 pm

ill try it! thanx :D xx
netballluva
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Heavenly_Hailey » Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:15 pm

I was goin to suggest a maybellinexxx mascara as well. I have the one with the two ends to it, white one to add length and volume to your lashes and the black to add the colour. It works very well. (i sound like an advert!!) but honestly its good, just make sure you take it off before you go to bed, otherwise it can be tricky to remove, as i found out one morning when i woke up looking like a panda!! :lol:
Heavenly_Hailey
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby lilessexgal » Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:31 pm

yep i agree thats a good one to try. i personally dont bother usually with finding a specific one though i usually just put on which ever one is in front of me or is the cheapest lol

good luck finding one im sure ull look fab! :D :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
lilessexgal
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby lu310890 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:24 am

loreal or if u wanna spend yves saint laurant are the best ones ive ever tried! x
lu310890
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby fairy of darkness » Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:56 pm

Loreal paris, the blue and white one, i RELY on that mascara! i curl my lashes first then put the white on and let that dry then the black on! they come out realy long,curly and thick! hehe goood luck xxx
Constantly moving
fairy of darkness
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby cmancini » Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:04 pm

Just to add my bit, I find Lancome Hypnose is the BEST EVER and i've tried them all!
It sounds horrible but the DARK green colour is wicked with blue eyes, doesn't notice but is not as harsh as black and still looks black if you know what i mean
Claire
cmancini
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby gatekeeper » Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:21 pm

This is quite random but I don't really use mascaras. One day, my friend begged me to allow her to put some on me. I agreed and she used the maybelline XXL thing on me. I found that when I blinked, I could see the tips of my eyelash. :o

I'm not lying, I think those really work, best ones I've seen so far.
Late at night when all the world is sleeping
I stay up and think of you and I wish on a star that somewhere you are thinking of me too...
So I wait for the day and the courage to say how much I love you
gatekeeper
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Re: mascara

Postby retrochav » Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:17 am

I asked a mate of mine who is a make up artist, and she reckons its all a matter of trying them to find what suits. She suggests writting to the manufactuers and asking if they do samples or discount vouchers.

Also, if you have fair lashes, she suggests trying a lighter brown, rather than going straight for a black one. A little mascara is better than overloading the wand, and a good eyeliner will add attention to the eyes.
whatever your problem someone else has been there and bears the scars.
retrochav
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to And the rest...