Bikini Line Dilemma - Advice needed!

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Bikini Line Dilemma - Advice needed!

Postby KoRn_Freak » Mon Apr 07, 2003 6:38 pm

I find shaving my bikini line a really horrible thing to do. I use a moisturising soap and slap on loads of cream afterwards to try and prevent irritation, but it's no use. It itches and it's uncomfortable, and it's a huge problem for me. I saw wax strips available from Superdrug one day and I was tempted to get some to try and remove the hair myself but I chickened out. I feel like the hair in 'that area' :o of my body is a big pain, and I don't find it particularly appealing or hygenic. I want to get it all waxed off but I'm afraid of doing it myself because of my complete unexperience of hair removal lol, and I'd feel way too stupid going to a salon to get it done. Exposing my area to a total stranger would make me feel so embarrassed. Is there anyone who can offer me some advice??
KoRn_Freak
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Kit » Mon Apr 07, 2003 8:34 pm

Hi, first of all I'd just like to say I used to live in Heywood!!! small world eh? lol.

Anyway, back to your problem, I used to have the same problem, I shaved and after a couple of days, it started to get really irratable (if that's how you spell it) and then spots would start to appear, I'm also a bit embarassed about going to a salon to get it done, so.......

I use Immac, hair removal spray. It's originally for your legs and under arms, but I thought hey anythings gotta be better than shaving so I tried it. You spray it on, leave it for 5 minutes to do it's work and then wash it off. No mess, no fuss! You just have to stay still for 5 minutes or it'll go everywere lol, so find a comfortable place in the bedroom or bathroom.

Hope it helps.
Kit
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby KoRn_Freak » Mon Apr 07, 2003 10:15 pm

Heywood's now a sh** hole lol! I wish I was somewhere other than here lmao!

Anyway returning to the topic. How long does that spray stuff last for anyway? I want something quite long-term, and I figured waxing would be the choice. I've seen those electric hair removing things in the Argos catalogue that you use over a period of time and eventually the hair never grows back, but thanks to my very tight budget, I can't afford one... they go up to £40 (guess people don't like hair very much!)
I feel really awkward talking about this daft issue but I wanna get rid of this annoying hair lol! :lol:

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try it out when I go to town on the weekend.
Just one more thing, how much does it cost?
KoRn_Freak
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Kit » Tue Apr 08, 2003 12:29 am

It lasts about a week before the "stubble" starts growing back, but then you can just use it again. it costs around £3 to £5 (I think) but you'll get at least a dozen uses out of it.

You spray it on, leave it and then wash it off. This might sound a little weird lol, but it's like (for want of a better word) acid (but a safe one!). it dissolves the hair to the root. it might feel a little weird at first, it has sort of a tingeling affect, but it doesn't hurt at all.

Like you said, I'm not fond of pain at all so waxing for me is out of the question, so this is the next best thing.
Kit
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby crasygurl » Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:58 am

i found adding babyoil or smoothing lotion in the morning and at night a couple of days b4 helps.
as it makes the skin more smooth and easyer to shave along the binki line.
crasygurl
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby KoRn_Freak » Tue Apr 08, 2003 4:39 pm

Has anyone had all of it waxed off? If so, I wanna know about the pain factor :o just in case I decide to have it done :-?
KoRn_Freak
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby tammybligh » Wed Apr 09, 2003 5:09 pm

I don't have first hand experience of this, but a friend of mine had hers 'done'... she said that it didn't really hurt anymore than her legs did. Apparently your inner thigh is the most painful place!?!? Not sure why...

I think the Immac spray is definately your best bet.... and the cheapest!
tammybligh
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Acacia » Fri May 09, 2003 3:52 pm

Hey :)

I've tried waxing my bikini line myself before - it is really painful :( You have to try and steel yourself for the pain before you pull it off! I've never had it done professionally - that would be too embarrassing! I've only ever done it when I've had reason to - like if I'm going on holiday and will be wearing a swimsuit/bikini then I'll wax it off the week before.

I've tried shaving and although it gets rid of the hair I usually end up cutting myself and get nasty spots appearing which last for ages :roll: I use the Immac (or Veet) cream too and keep it on for as long as it says on the packet but It doesn't remove everything! You still get a tiny bit of hair left, not visible from a distance but visable close up. I got one of those 'electrical pulse' type hairremoval machines, the one with the tweezers that send a pulse of electricity down the hair and then you pull it out and although it seemed to work, it takes forever as you have to hold the hair in the tweezers for a minute at least before sliding it out and there is so much to remove that your hand gets really cramped! :roll:
Acacia
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Gem » Mon May 12, 2003 11:20 pm

Everyone who feels embarresed.....don't. I have so many clients coming in for bikini waxes every day that I don't even think about it anymore. Just remember, whoever waxes you is only looking down there to get the hair off, honestly, it's not as bad as you think. Waxing keeps hair away for much longer but the spray on hair removers are quite good........don't wax yourself unless you know what you're doing, it will end up bruising you and can cause in-grown hairs if you're not carefull!
Who decided what order to put the alphabet in?
Gem

Return to Physical