Missed period, Pregnant? or stressed?

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Missed period, Pregnant? or stressed?

Postby Angelcake_Angel » Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:47 am

On 18th Januray me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex, he came twice and I took a friends pill 2 days after :( I know I should of got my own but I was scared and didn't think, however my best mate told me that she thinks the pill my friend gave me was the one that stops you from getting pregnant not the actual after morning pill, it was a little light blue pill, had a C craved in it I think, I took one when I got home from the pub and one the next day. They gave me a stomach ache alittle bit but didn't feel really sick.

I was surposed to come on my period about the 31st of Jan (my last period ended on 6th januray) but no sign, I'm sooooo worried I'm pregnant I don't want a baby as I'm only 19 and love going out with friends and being social.

I don't know if its all in my head now I'm not on my period, but I get a stomach ache sometimes and feel sooooo ratty, I snap at everything, I have tender boobs. but also one of my best mates died on her birthday in Januray, so maybe I'm under stress thats why I haven't came on my period! I haven't gone of sex or anything but now its defintely PROTECTED sex! I got sore boobs a few days before I due to come on my period but they still sore although its only the 3rd of Feb I could still come on but I'm so worried, I dont know how long it takes for pregnancy symptons take to kick in, but I'm also tired but maybe thats because I've been on 3 weeks holiday from work and got into a bad sleeping pattern, I just don't know! I'm feel so stressed!

I can't tell my mum because I don't feel as if I can tell her about it, she would tell my dad and my dad would flip, I have a older sister who I could tell but she's 4 and a half months pregnant and don't want to upset her talking about unwanted pregnancys because she is really happy she's expecting.

please help, any advice! :-?
Angelcake_Angel
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby LME79 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:16 pm

Have you taken a pregnancy test? If you're too embarrassed to buy one, you can go to a family planning centre (like Brook Advisory) who can do one for free. They're really nice people there who don't judge you - they help you.

Brook's website

It's possible that you are just late; sore breasts and rattiness sound like my PMS symptoms but do a test to put your mind at rest.
I want to be..a tree..
LME79

Postby Angelcake_Angel » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:10 am

I'm going to my doctors today to see a doctor at 2.30, I think its too early to do a pregnancy test, but will see what she says. I think I would prefer to see what the doctor thinks and if I happen to be pregnant I'm gonna discuss the possiblites of abortion as I wouldn't keep it.
Angelcake_Angel
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby dappychick88 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:38 pm

If it makes you feel any better i have been in a very similar situation to you and it's very scary!!! I would suggest getting a test done and go from there.

I'm always late due to stress etc, and it is always a worry, but you'll find one day that you are calmer and then everything should be back to normal. Just stay as calm as you can - easier said than done i know.

Good luck
dappychick88
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Angelcake_Angel » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:27 am

Well I went doctors and as soon as I got in the room I also instantly started balling my eyes out :oops: she has signed me off with Acute Stress Reaction to give me some time to gather my mind together and have some time off after my friend's funeral, My best mate is gonna get me a pregnancy test on her way up to mine tomorrow because the doctor told me it could be either 1: the pill my friend gave me has sorted it out and made you late, 2: Your stressed 3: Your pregnant, but do a test to put your mind at rest.
Angelcake_Angel
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby crazy_in_love » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:28 pm

well keep us posted, and whatever the outcome is, im sure youll be ok, and everything will work out ok.
crazy_in_love
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby The Lady » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:26 pm

Hi Hun
I just wanted to pick up on something that maybe the others missed...
You should never ever take any medication from someone else, especially if you don't know what it is, what it does, its brand name / generic name. If you really are mature enough to have sex, never mind unprotected sex (not once but twice!!!) you need to be aware of these things! Also your risk of cervical cancer increases dramatically by not using condoms, not to mention all the other sexually transmitted diseases. Please take better care of yourself and your body!
Hope everything works out well for you!

The Lady
xxx
The Lady
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Angelcake_Angel » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:54 pm

I done a test and I am pregnant, I'm going back to the doctors tomorrow. :( I told my older sister and she was really good about it, She said that if I need a lift to the hospital when I go get a abortion that she'll take me and wont tell my mum or anyone. :)
Angelcake_Angel
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby kitten » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:18 pm

Hope it all works out for you.

The pill you described does actually sound like the contraceptive pill "cilest" and not the morning after pill.

Remember in future to carry protection with you and go careful.
kitten
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby crazy_in_love » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:41 pm

well at leats you have found out early enough so that you can amke a decison about what you want to do. it wont be easy so its good that your sister is supporting you. just try not toget into this situation again, use protection unless of course you are trying for a baby in the future. good luck with whatever you decide
crazy_in_love
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby shaolminx » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:19 pm

I dont know who has been giving you pregnancy advice, but it is not necessary to get an abortion if you are less than 8 weeks gone. There is a tablet you can take to make you abort naturally. Speak to your doctor about this asap, as it avoids the mental trauma associated with abortions at the hospital.

Sorry to hear your news and I hope you get everything sorted out soon xxxSM
shaolminx
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Physical