Keep gaining weight but I dont do anything wrong!

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Keep gaining weight but I dont do anything wrong!

Postby evilmage » Tue Apr 29, 2003 5:15 pm

I keep gaining back weight that Ive lost. I lost half a stone, but now Ive just gained it back again.
I dont drink that many fizzy drinks, or eat chocolate or anything like that but I just put the weight on.
Im 13 (y8) about 5 ft 7 and I weigh now 10 1/2 stone and I used to weigh like 10stone a week ago. I really dont understand.
I do 100 sit ups a night and Im gonna start going swimmin once a week and cylcling to school but I dont know why this is happening.
The problem is though, that I can feel that I am thinner, as some trousers that were quite tight now almost just hang offa my hips. Its real weird!
I really dislike my shape and all, I weigh loads but Im a size 10 / 12. Most ppl my size look way smaller. Whats up wit me?
xXx evilmage xXx
evilmage
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby smile » Tue Apr 29, 2003 7:28 pm

One word for you.... Puberty.

We do gain and lose a lot of weight during this time. Trust me I know, my weight is hard to keep track of. One day I'm the 'ideal' weight, the next few days I find I've put on another bit! :roll: Just stick to a healthy diet, lots of salad and fish. Don't eat between meals. Don't miss meals and if you do some excercise each day I'm sure you will find you will stay at a steady weight. If not then don't worry, it happens to a lot of people. Once your body gets itself sorted, it will slow down and your weight won't change so dramaticly.
When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get them, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.

Just remember to keep smiling!
smile
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby loza » Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:44 pm

smile is right,
i was really skinny once but then around 15 i started to gain weight. i now am 10 1/2 stone like you and that really isnt fat at all, infact most people would say that was skinny.
if you are exercising then you are proberly gaining the weight in muscle not fat which is why you feel skinnier.
Hope this helps
loza
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

i know how you feel

Postby Amanda » Wed Apr 30, 2003 2:31 pm

when you weigh yourself though do it first thing in the morning, before you eat anything. this way you get your actual weight. you'll probably find that if you weigh yourself in the morning, and then again at night, that you could have put on as much as half a stone in one day, but it will be gone again by next morning. (i'm like that anyway, is anyone else?)

anyway, going from what you said, you are only a size 10/12. if you look great, then why bother to weigh yourself? it will get you down!

and i know what you mean about not eating much and still putting on weight. to be truthful, when i was younger, i could eat and eat and not gain a pound. i now weigh near nineteen stone (at my heaviest) and am a size 18 (and i eat a hell of a lot less). :oops: i know of some people at my weight who are something like a size 26. each to their own, if u know what i'm saying. i do a lot of exercise, as i work in an old persons home, i do karate, i dance and i also work with animals. i've gone down a dress size, and even my size 18's feel a little loose.

i'm just not losing weight :roll:

i'm sure that you look great - you just need to work on your perception of yourself.
"All that is gold does not glitter..."
Amanda
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby evilmage » Wed Apr 30, 2003 6:39 pm

Hey we have the same name amanda! hehehe....
Yeh Ill try that ... me and my friends are gonna try and tone up for summer! well go swimin twice a week and kickboxing once, and dancing once ... itll be fun!
xXx evilmage xXx
evilmage
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

yay!

Postby Amanda » Thu May 01, 2003 10:06 am

that is great! have fun!

oh, and any kind of martial arts/self defense is really therapeutic! you can take out all your troubles on a punchbag (or a very willing friend!)
:D
"All that is gold does not glitter..."
Amanda
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby sugar » Thu May 01, 2003 10:21 pm

i know how you feel!!! bcoz of you situps you are turning the fat into muscle which can make you weigh heavier but actually be slimmer, like you said you feel thinner, dont worry, you are very tall for 13 and that is probably why you weigh more, it dont mean your fat so dont worry hun, but swimming is a really good idea, just do plenty of exrcise and eat healthily, this dont mean cutting out crisps etc permanately!!
sugar
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Physical