certain unwanted body hair...

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

certain unwanted body hair...

Postby metinajoxXx » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:31 pm

what should i do... should i get rid of it? and if so... how?
help......
Remember that everyone you meet has lost something, is scared of something, and loves something.
metinajoxXx
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Pwif » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:00 pm

Can you please explain what hair you want to get rid of, then you'll get a better response. Thanks. :P
Live life to the full
Pwif
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby snail » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:04 pm

Well, it's your body hair. Get rid of it if you don't like it, don't get rid of it if you do!

Are you worried what a partner would want or expect? In my experience men (I assume you're a woman) prefer a sexual partner to have whatever amount of hairiness is normal in their society - so most British men would dislike a woman with hairy legs, whereas most Italians wouldn't mind it. Their preferences are shaped by whatever they see as normal. However, some men do like a woman to reduce/remove the hair around her genital region to make oral sex easier/nicer or so that it doesn't show outside her underwear. But remember you're the one who will have to live with it, so it's what you want that counts.

I remove all my body hair - I don't know why, but it just never felt right, never felt like it was a part of me. I don't bother with my arms, though, just my legs and whole bikini area. If a partner doesn't like this that's tough! However, the average British woman doesn't go this far - she keeps her legs and underarms hair-free, and removes any hairs from the bikini line that would show outside panties/knickers or a bikini bottom.

The quickest and cheapest way to do your legs is to shave. I don't like this myself, because you need to do it almost every day if you want to stay smooth to the touch (the cut-off ends of the re-growth feel stubbly even before you can see them coming through). Alternatively you can use a depilatory cream, which won't last any longer than shaving but will give you softer re-growth so you won't feel stubbly, enabling you to leave it longer between sessions. You need to check you're not allergic/sensitive to the depilatory creams though - they irritate me. The other option is to wax - I prefer this because it lasts for around a month and you don't get stubbly re-growth. It's much more expensive than shaving/creams if you have it done at a salon though. You can do it at home, but this is still quite dear - a pack of wax strips costs around a fiver and probably won't do all your leg area.

Same rules go for your underarms as your legs.

If you want to do your bikini line/genital area then waxing is usual, but you can also use depilatory creams if you're doing an area that's not close to any really delicate areas (you know what I mean - you mustn't get these creams in intimate places!). Most people would have bikini waxes done at a salon. I home-wax this area, but, unless you are just doing the bits close to the top of your legs, you need some experience to do this safely. Finish off with a pair of tweezers for any stray hairs.

Waxing anywhere hurts A LOT, but it's only for a few seconds then it goes off almost immediately.

Hope that was useful.
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby peecee » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:09 pm

There are loads of threads on hair removal on here - here are just a few;

ouch

bikini line part 2

pubic hair
Shine your light and let the whole world see.
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby LME79 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:41 pm

Hi MetinajoxXx,

Just bumping this for your reference as I moved the topic from another forum!

x
I want to be..a tree..
LME79

Postby jampot » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:34 pm

A friend of mine started to feel the same way about body hair when she was going through puberty, and she shaved EVERYTHING. This including her face!! Luckily, she was blonde and you couldn't notice anyway, but, many years later she is beginning to regret that. Maybe its not the best thing to do? I can hardly talk, I started shaving my arms last year and I'm already regretting it! #-o
jampot
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Physical