stretch marks AGAIN

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

stretch marks AGAIN

Postby busybee » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:05 pm

hey everyone! this is my first post so please me nice lol. I no theres other problems on this site regarding stretch marks but i just really need to talk to someone about this,however pathetic it may be.

When i was about 13 i got really bad stretch marks on my bum,boobs and thighs. I am a really shy and self conscious person and these stretch marks got me down a lot. I used to cover myself in cocoa butter or bio oil and eventually by the time i was 16 they had turnt into silvery lines that although still dont look very pleasent, look a lot better then they did. Im now nearly 19. I weigh approx 9 stone and am roughly 5ft 4 and have not gained or lost any weight recently but have been yet again been cursed with stretch marks all over my thighs. I dont know what has caused them and they are really bothering me. The bio oil and cocoa butter is back out and i know from past experience there is no magic cure. I have enough body hangups and issues without the addition of more ](*,)
busybee
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: stretch marks AGAIN

Postby m_m » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:53 am

Unfortunately there isn't much you can do about stretch marks. I myself have them everywhere; my boobs, my bum, my thighs, the backs of my knees and the worse place (in my opinion) on the inside of my arms. I have recently put on quite a bit of weight and I now have strechmarks all over my stomach as well and the stretch marks on my arms are now down to my elbows so I think I can safely say I will never be able to wear sleeves that are anything but mid to long length (I am 19 and have never been pregnant by the way, so they aren't caused by that!)

Some people are just prone to them, whether they gain weight or not, and I think you are doing the best that you can do. Just try to remember to put Bio-Oil or coacoa butter on everyday and eventually, like you said, they will fade to silvery lines.
m_m
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:00 pm

Agreed there is nothing you can do to prevent them or miraculously dissapear - it would be every girls dream if there were something like that lol.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby snail » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:09 pm

I read somewhere that 80% of women have stretch marks. Thank goodness, because I got loads myself when I went through puberty, and more later on, each time I gained even a little weight. So we're all the same.

If it's any consolation, I asked my new boyfriend something about my stretch marks the other day and he said "What stretch marks? I've never noticed them" so they probably seem much worse to us than they do to anyone else!
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:24 pm

i only have stretchmarks on my bust from getting huge when pregnant and then going back to small. Over the years they have got big again so the stretch marks increased, however I usually a wearing a bra so it's no problem.
However I have cellulite and it's just as bad as stretchmarks in that it won't go away whatever you do
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby lu310890 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:57 am

Try and give it a good massage into the skin for a minute everyday that could help, a fake tan could also help hide strech marks.
lu310890
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Louise_P » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:57 pm

Some women are more prone to stretch-marks than others; if your mother has them, it's likely you'll have them too. Even men get them, but I understand what it's like to feel the world's played a cruel trick on you by giving you the worst ones ever! I didn't have that many until I was about 16 or 17, and then I suddenly noticed loads. I've got big, horrible ones on my waist where I gained weight and developed muffin-tops (ugh), I've got tons at the tops of my thighs, some on my boobs, and loads on my bum! Unfortunately there really isn't much you can do about them, unless you've got money to spend on laser treatment, but, ultimately, would it really be worth spending all that money to get rid of a trait billions of women share?

The only preventative measure you can take to arm yourself against even more stretch-marks is to keep your skin well hydrated. Over time, your skin loses elasticity and doesn't produce enough collagen to fill in the gaps whenever the skin has to grow quickly to compensate for weight gain (or any other bodily change). I recently read that emu oil (yes, oil from an emu!) is the most effective moisturiser because it penetrates the most layers of skin. Normally it's used in high quality foot-cream, where skin can be at it driest and most stubborn, but I think you can buy it as a concentrated serum. Bio-oil and other scar treatments are effective with prolonged use, but I would definitely consider giving the emu oil a go. Also, go for creams that contain collagen; as far as I can remember St Ives makes a good one.

In the meantime, moisturise the most problematic areas on a daily basis after a shower while you're still wet with some baby oil, or baby oil gel. You lock in more moisture that way and you stay hydrated for longer.

Hope that helps!
Louise_P
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby butterfly123 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:54 pm

I had really bad stretch marks on my hips thighs boobs and legs. I use Eveline Stretch Marks Serum which prevents the formation of stretch marks and reduces existing ones, smoothes and moisturizes skin and firms thighs, buttocks, stomach and hips. I think i saw some results. I have also used anti-cellulite products and I still use because are great.
butterfly123
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby NDB » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:30 pm

I am 17 and 8 months pregnant and I have bright red strech marks on my hips breasts thighs and stomach, and I think i'm getting them on the backs of my knees, they are horrible things, there is nothing you can do but make the most of yourself and think that they can only get better over time.
NDB
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to Physical