Phimosis

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Phimosis

Postby JGRD146 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:15 am

Hi me again :( i have recently been told that i suffer Phimosis and its eating me up inside. I feel so embarrased that when my girlfriend comes over that i push her back and make some excuses. Now she knows that something is wrong as she saw the letter from my GP and she explained that its fine but it isnt. They said that i have to remain on the NHS list until someone sees me but its been ages and i havent heard anything. I also read that this only happens to 1% of men and am shocked that it has happened to me as it happened to my best friend also.
Everything that has a beginning has an end
JGRD146
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Phimosis

Postby Liquidius » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:35 am

I think you really should tell her. I know it's hard, but of all people, she should be able to understand. If you keep making excuses, she'll just think that you don't want her anymore.

Do you have any idea how long you'll have to wait before you can get it sorted out?
Liquidius
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:02 pm

I would tell you girlfriend, it's nothing to be ashamed of and it will be nice to have someone to support you through this
I know lots of people who have had this and I think it's more common than you think
My husband had to be circumcised becasue of it and I prefer it that way
My nephew has just had a small procedure to lossen it rather than a circumcision because he is 10. i think the new procedure is to cut a small section to loosen it rather than circumcision, which will be done if the section removal doesn't work
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:07 pm

If you were my bf I'd rather know, its nothing to be ashamed of. If you didn't tell me yet kept refusing me I'd think you didn't like me and I'd be thinking of leaving.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby morris mouse » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:08 pm

Please tell your girlfriend. She will be grateful,that, you trusted her.
ImageImage
morris mouse
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby RagDoll » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:12 pm

Please just tell your girlfriend - it's nothing to be ashamed of. Plus, I agree with Bel Bel - my boyfriend is circumcised (as was my ex coincidentally... both for the same reasons as yourself) and I much prefer it!
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby JGRD146 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:02 am

Hey my girlfriend went away for 2 weeks over xmas visiting her family and when i stetched foreskin i managed to pull it back FINALLY. But then i saw white spots on the shaft underneath the head of the penis (under foreskin). Anyone help?? no sex yet, saving for the right person so hope it isnt a sexual disease coz no1 in my family has ever had one :S. Anyone help me please?
Everything that has a beginning has an end
JGRD146
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby lidopig » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:12 am

It's entirely normal...YAY !! So stop worrying on that account.If you can continue to retract your foreskin,try and do it every day and keep the area around the base of the glans (head of penis) clean with soap and water,making sure you rinse and dry well.Rest assured it cannot possibly be a sexually transmitted disease!
lidopig
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Psi » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:37 pm

Hi all, interesting thread.

I am a male of 34 who has slightly tight foreskin which prevents me from fully retracting the foreskin over the ridge of the 'head' of the penis when erect. Everything if fine until I try to retract if over the head then it becomes uncomfortable and I sometimes get minor soreness after intercourse (the skin breaks slightly). I have been to see my doctor and she has agreed to refer me to a urologist to have a look into it, although she suggested I may require a circumcision.

I have done some research and understand I am suffering from a mild case of phimosis (tight foreskin) which might be caused by a short frenulum, which was damaged 10 years ago during intercourse. I think this is what is causing me to have the tightness, although I do seem to recall tightness of the foreskin prior to this happening. I have heard there are smaller operations to 'lengthen' the frenulum but I am worried that this will not quite cure the problem and I will end up requiring a circumcision anyway.

I also have some fears regarding possible circumcisoin as I know the foreskin contains many nerve endings and would therefore mean a big reduction in sensitivity. I have read some comments on this subject but can not quite get a clear view on the implications. It would be interesting to hear from anyone who has had this procedure and whether there has been a loss of sensitivity.

Also, obviously circumcison is a big cosmetic change and I am concerned about it, what it will look like and what my wife will think. I'd be interested to hear whether women prefer a man circumcised or intact or whether it makes no difference at all.

Please let me know your thoughts/experience - I appreciate all input.
Psi
Psi
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby RagDoll » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:48 pm

Well being a woman I can't really help out with regards to sensitivity levels etc., but as I said in my previous post (above), I much prefer it when a penis is circumcised. Firstly, I think it looks better and secondly it's more hygenic. I have a few friends whose boyfriends' are circumcised as well and they much prefer it, so cosmetically I don't think you have anything to worry about ;)
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:09 pm

I don't know I also can't help being a girl.

I did think that being circumcised gave you better sensitivity; I however don't know.

I've never seen anyone who is cicumcised again so I can't really help.

My point in replying was it wouldn't bother me if a guy was circumcised or not. If my bf needed it for medical reasons fair enough. It's only removing a bit skin and not the whole thing. You've effectively got the exact same thing left over without his coat of skin. Don't worry about it.

Why don't you ask your wife what she will think? I'm sure she won't particularly care less. I don't mean that in a bad way just that I doubt it will bother her at all.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Psi » Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:40 pm

Thanks Ragdoll - interesting

RagDoll wrote:Well being a woman I can't really help out with regards to sensitivity levels etc., but as I said in my previous post (above), I much prefer it when a penis is circumcised. Firstly, I think it looks better and secondly it's more hygenic. I have a few friends whose boyfriends' are circumcised as well and they much prefer it, so cosmetically I don't think you have anything to worry about ;)

Can I ask how old your BF was when he had the operation? Thanks.

Psi
Psi
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby RagDoll » Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:47 pm

My boyfriend was only a child, he can vaguely remember going into hospital for the op, think he was 7 or 8. He said he remembers needing the toilet afterwards and thinking it'd really hurt, but it was fine!
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:04 pm

As with ragdoll my husband was young when he had it but i much prefer the look
I understand as the penis is exposed it does become less sensitive on the head but you don't lose overall sensation and you can usually last longer at sex because of the reduction in sensitivity
I wouldn't worry about it as it won't happen overnight and you body will adjust as it happens and you probably won't even notice it as it will happen gradually
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby snail » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:06 pm

I personally prefer uncircumcised. I have found that it's much harder to give manual pleasure to a circumcised man, as there's less there to 'move around', and without the help of lubricants it would all get too sore (sorry to be so graphic!). I have also found that circumcised men do seem to be less sensitive, and I understand most men think that too. However, if you have a bit of a hair-trigger at the moment, that might be an advantage of course.
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Physical