eyes

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

eyes

Postby lusciouslips007 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:05 pm

ok we've all probably had this type of problem one time or another. You know when you wake up after a tiring night or something and you get that white gooey thing in the corner of your eyes, well i get it all the time and its really embarassing and annoying. Yeah its normal to get it in the morning after you've woken up, but i don't know why and how I get it during the day; every time i remove it, it comes back again. It's like at school every time i go to the loo and look in the mirror i always see it in the corner of my eyes and i have to keep removing it and like an hour later its back again. It's so embarassing when my mates or a guy i like is looking into my eyes and they have to point out that there's some white gooey blob in my eye. It's made me really self conscious and i don't know how to prevent it from happening; it doesn't happen to anyone else i know. I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but i do wear contacts during weekdays. But it can't be coz of that coz even when i'm not wearing contacts, I still get it... I would really appreciate any help or advice =]
lusciouslips007
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: eyes

Postby snail » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:55 pm

The "gooey" thing is mucus. Your eyes produce it to keep themselves clean and free from infection. If you're producing more of it than normal then your eyes must be irritated by something (just like your nose produces more of it when it's irritated by an infection). Could you have an eye infection related to your contacts, or perhaps you are allergic to something you use on them? Make an appointment with your optician and ask about it.
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bel Bel » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:25 pm

yes you could have an over production or mild conjuctivitus. i wear contact lenses and it won't be them alone that cause this but if your not cleaning them well it could give you an infection
if you get nowhere with optician or doctor fro an infection point of view try using opticrom, they are drops for allergies and you buy them over the counter. Be sure to throw them away four weeks after opening and get a new bottle if they work
Put them in about 15 mins before you put your lenses in
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:13 pm

Sorry to go off topic here but Bel Bel do those drops work for all allergies or are they specifically for conact lenses and various related allergies?

I suffer from extremelly dry eyes - they aren't dry they just feel dry and ichy and stuff all the time
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Bel Bel » Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:21 pm

yes those drops are for anyone not just contact lense wearers
you might want to onsider comfort drops as well becasue they are speciafically for people with dry eyes
the itching makes me think some allergy maybe dust, pollen etc there are many routine things that can casue problems
There are other drops called otrivine which work well but if i remeber rightly they slightly sting when put in but do the job if the opticrom don't work
also as a contact lense wearer i find dailey contact lenses definately reduce eye irritation and no cleaning required so thats a bonus
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:46 pm

I'll have a look, thanks Bel Bel.

I think my dry eyes are an allergy to something just what I don't know. My hands do suffer from dust - when we clean at home my hands hurt afterwards; if my desk at work gets too dusty my hands hurt. But I also suffer from hayfever (or something like that) although I've been having issues over winter with it - my nose it so ichy and my eyes are dry and ichy. I'm allergic to something but what!
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Aligator » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:55 pm

ur hands hurt when u wash them?? well that aint right... I can understand the others but that... nm. a friend of mine has major hayheaver and can't actually go outside if theres freshly cut gras in the nearest 100m. so ty about telling me that i will tell him about these drops. Going back to the original problem, if u do have infection u should go to a doctors... i had a friend who had a problem like that and he went to hospital and they found he had an abses that if had contiued to grow would have damaged his eyes permanitly. so yeah.
R U OK?
Aligator
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:44 am

[quote="Aligator"]ur hands hurt when u wash them?? well that aint right... I can understand the others but that... nm.quote]

I meant cleaning as in housework and stuff rather than washing my hands.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Aligator » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:35 pm

ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh... well tat made me look stupid... I can understand tat. when ever i do sports no matter wat it is my feet always hurt... not good when i walk down to the train station.
R U OK?
Aligator
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Physical