Lost sense of smell

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Lost sense of smell

Postby xgemma86x » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:45 pm

I feel kinda daft posting this really but I kinda need some advice/reassurance :oops:

Over the weekend I seem to have lost my sense of smell and I don't understand why. I can't smell anything AT ALL and it's worrying me quite a bit :( My nose feels clear altho at work today it has been a tad runny. I've just had a cold/flu which lasted for almost 2 weeks.I also had a cold about a week or 2 before the last 1 come on. Could it all be related?? How long am I likely to be like this?? Lol I know it sounds daft but I cant wait to smell again :oops:
xgemma86x
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Re: Lost sense of smell

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:37 am

It's probably all connected. Just because your nose isn't blocked (swolen) doesn't mean to say the inside bit of your nose isn't swolen and blocked.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Bel Bel » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:35 pm

if it continues worth checking with the doctors but i reckon it will come back and dipsys theory is probably right
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby A208 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:32 pm

Hello there,

Sorry to hear about your problem. I understand it must be quite unnerving to suddenly lose one of your senses. Firstly, it sounds like you're suffering the after effects of your cold, so buying some medicine specifically for this area might help. Bide your time and if things don't improve, go and see a doctor.

I hope you feel better soon.

A208
xx
A208
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to Physical