ulcers

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

ulcers

Postby crazy-amy » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:06 pm

Hi there, recently for the past week ive had unbarably painful ulcers refusing to go away. They keep dissapearing then reapearing. Most of them are on the tip of my tongue and they look like little white dots. One of them is at the back of my tongue too. Part of my tongue feels slightly numb.

I'm a little worried because ive never had ulcers like this before, they seem to have happend since i've started taking the pill, could this be a side effect or something worse? or something completely diffrent all together?

I am not stressed ( i know ulcers can appear when stressed), although i wil admit my diet is poor, but it always has been.

I think I'm going to go to the doctors soon, but does anyone have any clue what it could be? Has anyone had them really badly like this before?

x
crazy-amy
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: ulcers

Postby snail » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:00 am

Mouth ulcers are always agonisingly painful. If you get one somewhere where you move your mouth when talking or eating it can make you literally feel sick with pain. Don't know why they're so bad! If you've got more than one then it will feel very painful.

There is no link that I know of between ulcers and the pill. I think this is just coincidence. They do tend to occur when your immune system isn't working well, so yes, stress is a potential cause, or just being run down generally. They'll go by themselves but it will take a while.
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby crumpetsandtea » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:47 am

It might be worth going to the doctors or a pharmacy about it because one of my friends got oral thrush when she was a bit run down and wasn't eating properly, and I remember her saying she thought it was ulcers at first.
Having said snail is right they do crop up when you're stressed or run down so it might just be that, and its a case of dosing yourself up on bonjela and sticking it out unfortunately!
crumpetsandtea
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:47 am

I'm with Snail. You do generally get them when your immune system isn't 100%. Just like you'd get a cold.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:52 am

becasue you have always had a poor diet could mean that the toll of that diet is only now showing itself. Your body has coped for so long with it and now it's had nough and is letting you know you need to take better care of yourself
Thrush is definately a possibility
How is your mouth hygiene too, do you brush twice a day, floss and mouthwash?
A friend at work has an allergy to tomatoes and that makes her ghet ulcers, it suddenl came on in her twenties and took her a while to figure out so a food diary might be a good idea
Anyway a trip to the doctors would still be worthwhile
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to Physical