Tension Headaches/ Very Tense Muscles

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Re: Tension Headaches/ Very Tense Muscles

Postby _Chelsea_ » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:40 pm

Thanks heaps for the replies

But you guys I'm so anxious about this

Can I trust all the doctors?
It's not serious is it?

Sorry...I just panic so much over it and am awake at all hours and calling my mom into me at like 3am and everything

...Thanks :(
_Chelsea_
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby snail » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:04 pm

Chelsea, hun, there's nothing I can say to reassure you because whatever I say will only make you feel better for a while . . . then it will wear off again and you'll be back asking for help. I'm personally sure there's nothing seriously wrong with you, but you have to trust that no matter what happens to you, you'll handle it OK. Because you will. Try to relax and just trust.
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bel Bel » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:53 am

I agree with snail you have some kind or aniexty/phobia issue, I think you would really benefit from some conselling or cognitive therapy
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby _Chelsea_ » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:56 am

Thanks guys

I am currenlty in counselling and am ringing my counselor today to tell her that I need much more help than I have at the moment. But last night I had a bad night - I went really light and kept dry heaving and felt like I'd vomit every time I lay down so sleep didn't come until 3am and I woke up at 8 again, and I kept feeling like I was going to faint. Now I feel very nauseous and my back hurts and I feel weak and light when I walk....and kind of like I'll faint still. Anyone any ideas what this all is? :(...I don't think it's tension :( I know some of it is down to me panicking but not all of it is. It might be worth saying that last night I took a half a diazepam at about midnight and then again at about 3am.

Thanks again guys
Last edited by _Chelsea_ on Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
_Chelsea_
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby Bel Bel » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:03 am

taking tablets always has side effects, couple that with lack of sleep and your current tension issue
You appear to be having perfectly reasonable physical responsesTakinf diazepam late at night will make you drowsy and you took it in the middle of the night so it's not at all surprising you feel like you do
I think most of this is created by you becasue you are suffering from an aniexty issue which will take over your life if you don't get help for it
You need to be rational and get things in perspective. Like I said before get some massage to help you relax. Maybe take up yoga or something else that helps you relax physically and mentally.
Here are alist of the common side effects of diazepam

drowsiness
dizziness
light headedness
weak muscles
confusion
stomach aches
sickness
headaches
dry mouth
addition if used long term

I think you have mentioned most of these symptoms recently

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby _Chelsea_ » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:09 am

Thanks Bel Bel for your reply, & so quick too!

Can diazpem side effects really kick in so soon? And also the feeling faint and dry heaving started before I took the diazepam(It's actually why I took it because I was panicking and wide awake but exhausted)

I just wish I knew what was wrong with me. The doctor said muscle tension but I'm not sure about that at all...I just wish the pain, the faint feeling, the nausea and all the other physical symptoms would go away because they're petrifying me now since I've had the headaches for a month and now this for 2 weeks...I'm also finding it hard to go to the loo the last few days, I usually go every day or every second day, but my stomach feels so wrong...Is this bad? I just want to know what's wrong with me, so I can tackle it properly and recover and start to get my life back on track again :(
_Chelsea_
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby rufio89 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:16 am

Can diazpem side effects really kick in so soon?

I've found that often, side effects can kick in before any positive effects, but usually pass after a few days.
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Bel Bel » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:28 am

weird i posted and it disappeared!!!!!
anyway I was saying that it's a vicious circle you worry which leads to more stress and symptoms
You need to try to get sleep without the diazepam as they add to the symptoms and make you worry more
make sure your bedroom is a calm environment, free from clutter and things that will stimulate you. Low lighting to help create a sleepy mood.
Try reading before you go to bed as it gives you less thinking time
Do you find your conseelor really helps you, just wondered if perhaps it ws time to try someone new if you not actually achieving anythign with your current one
This is all an aniexty issue so you need to find things that will relax you physically and mentally, like yoga, massage etc
My daughters thearpist told her to have worry time. She was onyl alound to think about worries for a certain period of the day. Say 6pm- 6.30pm. If she had any worries any othe time she had to stop, remind herself she could only worry about that at 6 and push it to the back of her mind. By the time she got to 6pm she often forgot those worries or realised they weren't worth worrying about - might be worth a try

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby _Chelsea_ » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:05 am

Thanks rufio, and thanks for the suggestions too Bel Bel.

I just rang a doctor and am waiting on a call back - I really don't think this is tension, I know my panic makes it worse but I do believe there is something physically wrong with me. And I just can't take it anymore. I haven't felt well for about a little over a month now, and after a month of headaches and now general body ache/burn, that's why I think it's serious. Because it's there all day every day, it gets much worse at night but I just don't know anymore.

I'm so scared. All that's going through my mind is:

What if I'm dying
What if it's serious
What if it's serious and people are saying it's stress and it's soemthing more
What if the doctor got it wrong
What if it's no tension
So then what if I'm not helping it at all but I'm making it worse because I don't know what it is

I'm sorry to be such a bother to you all :(
_Chelsea_
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby RagDoll » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:23 am

The mind is a very powerful thing Chelsea, if you think there's something wrong with you, then you'll start to feel physical symptoms. It sounds like you're convincing yourself that there's something more deep-rooted than anxiety etc. Try and be rational - why would it necessarily be the worst case scenario e.g. it's something serious/you're dying?! It's more likely that it's not something serious.
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Bel Bel » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:52 am

it is extremely unlikely you are dying from th symptoms you have and as ragdoll says the mind is very powerful
everyone else can see what is wrong including the doctor and your mum, you have to start acceptiong you are probably wrong here and getting this way out of proportion and thats what you need to deal with to get better

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby _Chelsea_ » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:56 am

Ragdoll, I know you're absoloutley right. Logic says it's beyond much more likely it's just aches and pains for whatever reason than say a tumour or something else serious, but I'm frightening myself.

Bel Bel, I know deep down you're right...Because my mom, other family members who have seen me and said I don't look pale nor off colour, just tired and nervous, and what will today become 7 doctors combined in phone calls and vists can't be wrong...Can they?This will be the second time I have gone for the pain rather than the past headaches.

Back at the doctor's at 5:25, and I'm going to be as thorough as I can with him, so if nothing else I won't be coming home thinking ' Oh I forgot to say something, I wonder if I'd have mentioned that would it have changed anything'

Right now, I just feel nauseous and like the burning is still there, but it's almost like it's my bones that are aching sometimes now, sometimes it's just like how it'd feel if you sat in one positionf or far too long, other times I don't even know how to explain it.I feel like I have a slight headache but it's more like the pain has just spread to parts of my head, but it is mostly my back. Gets worse at night, burns a lot - Makes breathing not tougher, but not normal either...I just want it sorted!

Thanks again everyon for all the replies, much appreciated, you're all stars :)
_Chelsea_
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby Bel Bel » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:13 pm

write everything you wnat to say down then you can make sure you get it all out and don't worry yourself after if you forgot anything

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:40 pm

_Chelsea_ wrote:Can diazpem side effects really kick in so soon?

They'll kick in as soon as you take it or as soon as your body starts absorbing it
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby _Chelsea_ » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:48 pm

Thanks again for the replies everyone!

The doctor said it's extremely rare that a girl my age(16) can have something serious like an aneurysm or a tumour...I'm trying to be reasssured but I keep thinking 'That's me, I'm the rarity'

But I'll let you all know how I get on later, I'm also going to be brave and go for my first ever blood test *is supser scared* and try and get it booked for Tuesday to rule anything else out.
_Chelsea_
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

PreviousNext

Return to Physical