Tension Headaches/ Very Tense Muscles

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Re: Tension Headaches/ Very Tense Muscles

Postby Bel Bel » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:55 pm

but there are other symptoms related to these illness that you don't have thats why i think the doctors are so sure
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby _Chelsea_ » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:01 pm

Bel Bel wrote:but there are other symptoms related to these illness that you don't have thats why i think the doctors are so sure

Do you mean that you think the docs are so sure it's not serious because I don't have any worrying/serious symptoms that are related to a serious cause?

Sorry...I just want to be sure I know what you mean :oops:
_Chelsea_
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:39 pm

The doctors are so sure because you've been checked out a few times and have no serious symptoms. Whilst you have symptoms they aren't serious or life threatening. Believe me if they were they'd be doing something about it ASAP.

I'd also be wary about keep going to the doctors because "if" yov ever do go in for something serious then they may not take you so seriously if you keep going in for smaller things. - One of my friends is a hypochondriac and she's learnt this!
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby _Chelsea_ » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:54 pm

dipsydoodlenoodle wrote:The doctors are so sure because you've been checked out a few times and have no serious symptoms. Whilst you have symptoms they aren't serious or life threatening. Believe me if they were they'd be doing something about it ASAP.

I'd also be wary about keep going to the doctors because "if" yov ever do go in for something serious then they may not take you so seriously if you keep going in for smaller things. - One of my friends is a hypochondriac and she's learnt this!

Hmmm I never looked at it like that before, thanks for the insight

I've just written a list of my general symptoms,what I feel today and what I felt last night so I don't forget anything and questions I have. After today, I'll just get blood tests and see how they go, and then if all is clear I'll just sort myself out.

I know you're right dipsydoodlenoodle, a doctor wouldn't have a job if they were wrong. I just keep getting scared maybe I have something that isn't so obvious...Am beginning to think I just need a personality transplant ;)

It doesn't help that my body is exhausted also I suppose.

Ah well, thanks again everyone for putting up with me :)
_Chelsea_
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby Bel Bel » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:16 pm

i actually work with a woman who has been struck off from two doctors surgeries for wasting there time
she is constantly in the doctors every single week at least once

exhaustion will just add to the worrying so as i said before it is all a vicious cycle

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby _Chelsea_ » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:57 pm

The doctor just said it's anxiety and tension and that it'll be a long time before I get better :( I was a bit disappointed because I showed him the letter I wrote explaining all my symptoms and questions, but he didn't answer any of the questions, he just basically said it's anxiety and tension. He said it doesn't match anything serious and that he's 100% sure it's not.

Earlier I also looked up hypochondria and a lot of it sounds exactly like me.

I also booked myself in for blood tests on Tuesday early afternoon...I'm scared but I need them to calm myself down. So now my question is...I really can trust the doctors can't I?

Any tips on how to calm down? I know reading etc has been suggested but bearing in mind I'll still be thinking while doing, what's a good way to take my mind off of things?

Thanks everyone...And so sorry to bother you all...I'm just very very scared
_Chelsea_
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby _Chelsea_ » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:32 pm

Sorry to double post

But I noticed since yesterday my back g,ets very bad at about 8 or 9pm, so bad it makes me light and the pain goes to my head and to my chest(Mom said that there can't be naything bad wrong with me because the pain spreads all over and is not in once place, just like Snail said) and it makes me dizzy. Last night when it happened I tried to lie down but every time I lay down I felt really weak and dizzy and like I was about to vomit. Generally the pain gets worse when the day goes on anyways. Any ideas on why? And anything I can do for my back? I just took another half a diazepam too.

Thanks everyone - you're all angels :)
_Chelsea_
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:21 am

as the day goes on your tension increase and you muscles tightenen hence the pain gets worse. The you worry more and the tensions gets worse and then the pain or symptoms get worse
round and round and round
Like I said before, massage, yoga, worrytime

This book might help as it's just for people who suffer with your type of aniexty:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Introduction-Co ... D61W0B201Q

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:51 am

_Chelsea_ wrote:Sorry to double post

But I noticed since yesterday my back g,ets very bad at about 8 or 9pm, so bad it makes me light and the pain goes to my head and to my chest(Mom said that there can't be naything bad wrong with me because the pain spreads all over and is not in once place, just like Snail said) and it makes me dizzy. Last night when it happened I tried to lie down but every time I lay down I felt really weak and dizzy and like I was about to vomit. Generally the pain gets worse when the day goes on anyways. Any ideas on why? And anything I can do for my back? I just took another half a diazepam too.

It could simply be down to bad posture!
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby _Chelsea_ » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:08 pm

dipsydoodlenoodle wrote:
_Chelsea_ wrote:Sorry to double post

It could simply be down to bad posture!

My mom mentioned this last night. As I got a laptop for christmas and used to always use my desktop, my back was always supported but throughout the day it's not anymore, particularly at night when there's nothing better to do than go online.

Well, I'm starting to believe I'm not dying. The pain is still there sometimes but I'm thinking logical about it now, things you guys have said and my mom has said i.e -

The pain is too spread for something to be wrong with me
7 doctors cannot be wrong
I'd know by now if it were serious
And most importantly...It's my mind playing tricks!

Thanks a bunch everyone :D
_Chelsea_
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby RagDoll » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:13 pm

I'm glad you're starting to be more realistic about it. The less you worry and stress about it the better you'll feel as it sounds like this is all in the mind. Just keep trying to remind yourself of your above points e.g. 7 doctors can't be wrong etc. and get better soon!
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby _Chelsea_ » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:32 pm

RagDoll wrote:I'm glad you're starting to be more realistic about it. The less you worry and stress about it the better you'll feel as it sounds like this is all in the mind. Just keep trying to remind yourself of your above points e.g. 7 doctors can't be wrong etc. and get better soon!

Thanks :) I've realised now with a huge thanks to you all, the only huge thing that could be wrong with me right now is my negative way of thinking! I can't thank each of you enough...But if I could, I'd send some giant cookies and gold stars in everyone's direction ;)
_Chelsea_
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby _Chelsea_ » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:51 pm

Hi again everyone

Sorry to keep being a bother. My muscle tension appeared to go for about a week and I felt so beeping amazing! I was so so happy it'd gone. Blood results came back fine (I don't know what they tested for to be honest, but whatever it was they said it was perfect). Everything was cool until someone passed a comment that wound me up. The next day I woke up feeling terrible again.

Basically, it's pretty much the same as described before - Only I'm still fearful of it. So much so now that I'm scared to even try to sleep before sunrise incase I don't wake up etc - That's as blunt as I can put it. Night time is a struggle as I'm alone, I feel extra insecure and panicky etc, and no one is aware if I get worse. So for those reasons I panic more. My usual time to attempt to sleep is 4-5am, but the past two nights it's been 5am or just after. Also, my parents are sleeping in my room this week as my dad is getting up and silly o'clock in the morning to decorate my room, so I'm sleeping in there and I find it really uncomfortable and difficult. Also on Friday I had to put my hamster to sleep - My animals are my life, and now I feel a huge gaping void and guilt for putting her down...So that's not helping much.

I had a friend over, and she stopped over at my hous two nights last week, and I noticed that while she was here, even though I still didn't feel 100%, I didn't feel as bad, because I was distracted all day and all night by her company. My anxiety and depression has taken a bad turn though, partially because of my physical condition and how worked up again I am over it - So as you can imagine it's a vicious circle. I'm taking 5mg of diazepam before I go to bed. I'd come off it for 3 days, the first night due to having consumed alcohol, the second just incase there was still alcohol left in my system, the third, because honestly I don't know why but I was scared to take it and last night I just needed it so I forced myself to have it. I could feel the withdrawl symptoms - My foot had started shaking again, the pains were worse etc.

Last month, I was a week late for my period, this month, as of now, I'm about a week and a half late. I'm usually pretty regular give or take a few days, but never like this. My mom made a comment - Jokingly of course. She had some condition with er periods when she was younger, and she said how my granny used to tell her jokingly that if the blood wasn't going down it was going up to her head to hemorrhage. It frightened the life out of me - Illogical and silly I know.

Basically...I want to know what I can do. It's been 2 and a half months or so of feeling bad physically, minus a week and a half. I need a knew way of thinking, but where do I start? All the evidence is against my own theories(Everything from misdiagnosis for a small thing to huge things- Blood clots, tumour, silly things doctors and tests would know about by now)and it's all in favour of the muscle knots/tension. My friend I mentioned earlier, learned how to give massages for her own benefit for a physical coniditon she has and she felt my back and said it was just very knotted. I know I have to believe it myself or I won't get better, but I don't know where to start?

Logic tells me, that by fighting off the essentials of what I need(Proper sleep etc) I'm making my muscles/physical coniditon worse, and logic says everyone is right and I'm blowing it out of proportion. But panic doesn't allow me to think logically. It sounds so stupid but I've wanted to order DVD's for days and haven't because I simply think that I won't be alive to enjoy them when they arrive in just a few days time.

It's gone too far now and I can't take it much longer - Where do I start and what can I do? I have to see my counselor on the 7th of May but she's calling me on Friday - She did call today also.

Since you all pretty much agree with the doctors, and everyone I know agrees with each other, and the blood tests agree with all that too, why can't I believe anyone? Sheer panic? Vicious circles?

How can I become more logical and trusting of the professionals?

Thanks everyone :) :) :)
_Chelsea_
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:45 am

How about having a radio on in your room at night or a tv, that way you won't feel so lonely
You know you really have to find some techniques to help you stay calm, perhaps the doctor or your conseelor can suggest some things

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby _Chelsea_ » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:10 pm

Thanks Bel Bel :)

Unfortunately I have neither a TV or a radio in my room, but sometimes I do listen to the music on my laptop or put a movie on for background noise, or if people are awake I'll talk to them on MSN or via phone. I'm not seeing my counselor until the 7th, but my mom is going to call her tomorrow because I had a complete breakdown today over various things.

ANyone got any ideas on why some parts of my neck feel like what polystyrene feels like if you squeeze it or what it'd feel like to squeeze a foam ball? Is that also the muscle tension? And...Anyone any idea on why I have no period yet? :oops: Stress/tension also?

Thank you everyone, you're all stars :)
_Chelsea_
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

PreviousNext

Return to Physical