this spot is agony!

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

this spot is agony!

Postby boshank1392 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:13 am

hi, i have this spot inbetween my eyebrows at the moment, and it is agony. i have had it for ages now but cant quite remmeber when i first got it, every now and then it inflames really badly and is basically like a horn! if i try to pop it, it spreads to my eye/eyes, making me look like a freak, i was just wondering if theres anyway i can get rid of it for good, when its not inflammed i can stil feel a small lump and its starting to annoy me extremely, any help would be greatly appeciated thanks.
boshank1392
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: this spot is agony!

Postby m_m » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:01 am

Have you tried any spot treatments from the chemist or just generally from Boots / Superdrug? If so do these make any difference? If not try dabbing tea tree oil on it. If you don't have any you can buy a spot stick by 'Witch' which contains tea tree and should help dry the spot out. If none of this works though I would consult someone in the Chemist (who might know what it is) or your Doctor as it sounds a little unusual that it spreads to your eyes and might not be a spot at all! Whatever you do though don't pop it as this will always make spots worse anyway.

Good luck! x
m_m
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:18 pm

try toothpaste just before you go to bed and wash it off in the morning
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:41 pm

If you keep squeezing your spot you spread the bacteria inside the spot making it more likely to get more spots.

Also if you squeeze all of the white stuff out of it that is bad since the white stuff is white blood cells which help fight infection i.e. the spot.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby GirlInTheCorner » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:18 pm

Aaw I hate those spots that really hurt and they're kind of under your skin :o I agree with Bel bels avice with the toothpaste before bed. I've heared to make sure it's white toothpaste though (I don't know why, it might dry it out better?) Hope it goes away soon :)
GirlInTheCorner
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Anjelica » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:39 pm

Hey

Im no doctor but I use Panoxyl Acne Gel. You can buy it from the chemist behind the counter without a prescription in 2 different strengths 5 and 10 at a cost of about 4 quid for a tube. I started using it when I was 16 and have never looked back. My GP put me on it, cause I had vicious spots (they had there own solar system) it drys them up the very quickly. But a word of caution check youre not allergic cause it can dry out ur skin and it is quite a strong medication- it has a bleaching agent in it so if you want youre clothes not to turn white (wash your hands straight away.)

If youre interested have a chat with ur chemist or GP.

Hope this helps.
Anjelica
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Physical