Crying?

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Crying?

Postby rufio89 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:16 am

This might sound a bit stupid, but does anyone know how to make yourself cry LESS easily??
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Re: Crying?

Postby embop » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:00 am

hmm, I don't know, It depends what your crying for. If I'm about to cry and its a bad time I hold my breath for a few seconds until that feeling goes away. other than that Id say just thinking of happy times and nice things.
Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do but never gets you anywhere.
embop
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby Bel Bel » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:09 am

i think it's a good thing to go with your emotions but if it's becoming embarrassing or a problem i agree with embop. You can also try pinching yourself although sometimes that has the reverse effect, it does work for some people though
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby spacegirl » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:41 pm

I cried my eyes out during marley and me, i was so embarrassed. i love dogs and my friend hates them, so she didn't understand why i was so upset. i don't usually cry, but if something gets me, there's no stopping me!
not if you were the last dandy on earth
spacegirl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:31 pm

spacegirl wrote:I cried my eyes out during marley and me, i was so embarrassed. i love dogs and my friend hates them, so she didn't understand why i was so upset. i don't usually cry, but if something gets me, there's no stopping me!

I would have done too if my boyfriend didn't keep turning his head every second and saying "aww"
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby peecee » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:22 pm

C'mon, rufio, what's this about...? :-k
Shine your light and let the whole world see.
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby rufio89 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:04 am

I just feel like I cry too easily, and it can be embarrasing. I dont mind if I'm at home, or with people I know and trust, but sometimes like I'll get upset at work and cry then and I always have to rush off to the loos to splash my face, but when i come back its obvious I've been crying and I find it really embarrasing. But I've ALWAYS cried too easily, since I was a kid, and I used to cry at school and was v. embarrased. :(
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby RagDoll » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:14 pm

When I feel like I'm going to cry and don't want to I quickly stop thinking of the tears building up etc. and concentrate on something other than what is upsetting me, something as simple as my surroundings works for me. A few deep breaths and internally telling yourself to calm down helps too!
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby whoopsie » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:41 am

My chin wobbles when I'm about to cry and am trying not to. Embarrassing!
=^..^=
whoopsie
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby LME79 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:25 am

Hey, rufio, I'm a cryer too! I've cried at work loads but luckily I've managed to get away to the loos with my make up bag so I can do a bit of a retouch afterwards to make it less obvious.

Personally, I think I tend to cry a lot because I wear my emotions on my sleeve and tend to let them out regularly rather than keep it all in, depending on what's happened. I'm also just an emotional person. If, however, I don't want to cry I just think of the situation that's making me cry and think "is this REALLY worth crying over?" - that usually gets rid of the feeling.

I cry over silly things though, like last night's episode of Eastenders and, when it was on, Animal Hospital!

I get terribly emotional with PMS but at least I can blame hormones then ;)

xxx
I want to be..a tree..
LME79

Postby RagDoll » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:15 am

Whoopsie - me too!! It's horrible isn't it?! Then I know that whoever is with me will have noticed that I'm trying to stop myself crying so I feel even worse haha.
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:28 am

lilmissespana wrote: Icry over silly things though, like last night's episode of Eastenders and, when it was on, Animal Hospital!

Well I don't watch Eastenders but I used to cry over animal hospital a lot. I haven't seen it for years though.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Return to Physical