Piercing

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Piercing

Postby earthchild » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:44 pm

Hi people!

i use to have my eyebrow pierced, which i absolutely adored however when i got a job in the office i sadly had to take it out.
i became very lazy at putting the bar back in at the weekends etc.. that now the holes have completely closed. They've been closed for about 2 possibly 3 years now and im wondering if its possible to get them re-opened ?

ive been told by a few piercing places that they will not pierce over old holes, does anybody know why they cant / wont ?

because my cousin had a piercing above her lip that closed however she went to italy for a holiday and they re-pierced over the old one.
The Truth
Truth is a sweet nectar from an honest fruitful heart,
from the fruit come seeds and
from the seeds you have a harvest full of dreams.

(native american proverb)
earthchild
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Re: Piercing

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:01 pm

They wont do it or they don't like doing it because it's scar tissue and if my memory serves me right it's tougher to re-pierce. You could always get the other eye-brow pierced; If you still work in an office would the option of a clear bar be a possibility?

To be honest I wouldn't truse a foreign piercer; their countries may have different rules on piercing and hygiene etc.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby earthchild » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:09 pm

Hi dipsydoodlenoodle,

well, i did have a clear bar but believe it or not this was far more noticable than the silver one i had! strange but true.

i agree with you with the foreign piercing places, and i cant afford to go abroad at the moment anyway :(

ok, so it seems that the only reason is because its harder to pierce and not because it might cause some major infection (although i know this can be the case with any piercing) .

thanks for you reply :wink:
The Truth
Truth is a sweet nectar from an honest fruitful heart,
from the fruit come seeds and
from the seeds you have a harvest full of dreams.

(native american proverb)
earthchild
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby embop » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:46 am

Yea I was going to put what dipsy put. It happened to my bf, he got it pierced the other way, I mean like if you had it vertical get it horizontal. or like dipsy said on the other eyebrow.
Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do but never gets you anywhere.
embop
Site Owner
Site Owner

Return to Physical