Sweating

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Sweating

Postby ThisIsATempo » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:34 am

I have a horrible problem with sweating. Even when I'm indoors, doing nothing, and it's an average temperature I get these huge sweat patches going down my body.
It's really horrible and my friends often point this out, even if I'm wearing two T-shirts!
It's got to the point where I can only wear white or black from fear of it being pointed out!

I don't know whether to go to the doctor or not, I'm not an obese guy and I eat healthily.
Can anyone give me some advice?
ThisIsATempo
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: Sweating

Postby kerrie24 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:59 am

I know someone who used to have this problem,it was diagnosed as hyper-hydrosis (it just means excessive sweating) at the doctors.They can do all sorts for it from special medicated deodorent to treatment on the sweat glands themselves.Definatley get an appointment as it isn`t that hard to sort out, and why not google hyper-hydrosis and see if the symptoms match up then you at least have an idea what to say to the doc when you get there.
kerrie24
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby ThisIsATempo » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:41 pm

Brilliant. I'll have a check down the doctors just to see what they say.
Thanks for the info :).
ThisIsATempo
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby mattmxl » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:29 pm

Have this problem myself, well I'm sure it's hyperhydrosis even though I have never had it diagnosed. But basically the smallest bit of exercise or mildly warm temperatures, especially a combination of the two, I sweat buckets. I use exessive deoderant and wear two shirts, which is self defeating on a hot day, LOL! It's unpleasent but I suppose there are worse conditions one could suffer with.
mattmxl
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:12 am

I find two t-shirts will make you hotter and sweat more!
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby earthchild » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:31 am

yep, suffer with this horrible horrible problem myself..
its so embarassing and seriously causes anxiety. I even sit under the air con (which is like an artic blast!) and still sweat. And it ruins ALL my tops....
but there is help! as other posters say your doctor can definately help, i started using a medicated anti-perspirant called Driclor which you can get from Boots and i know this sounds dramatic but it really has changed my life!
The Truth
Truth is a sweet nectar from an honest fruitful heart,
from the fruit come seeds and
from the seeds you have a harvest full of dreams.

(native american proverb)
earthchild
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:33 am

earthchild wrote:its so embarassing and seriously causes anxiety. I even sit under the air con (which is like an artic blast!) and still sweat

I find if I'm really cold I still sweat - I don't sweat a lot however being cold I shiver to warm myself up and as a consequence get sweaty pits...My friend also told me this years ago because she was worried about it...
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Return to Physical