Trying to get pregnant/periods

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Trying to get pregnant/periods

Postby jen » Wed May 13, 2009 8:14 pm

Hi all

Ok not sure if i've posted this in the right section or not and i know it's always best to speak to a doctor but just looking to see if anyone's had any similar experience in this department.

My partner and I have been together a while now. We got engaged last Christmas and have the wedding booked for next year (yay!) Everything is great with us. We get on really well and have a nice (albeit on the small side) home and both work. Saving for the wedding is going pretty well.

Now with the problem/query. Recently (and more so the past few months we have been talking about kids. We have seriously discussed this and it seems that both of us really want to have a baby. When i finished my period around 2 and a half weeks ago we started trying (we were both really excited about it) and all was going well. However a week into us trying i started to experience a bit of spot bleeding (not really blood just a bit pink ish when i wiped after a wee) and then 2 days ago it got quite heavy and now it seems i'm having a full on period. Now i am normally very regular and there is usually between 25 and 28 days between the end of my last and start of my next period so this would be way to early(by about 2 weeks). Does anyone know if this is normal? Could it be because we are trying? Or could it just be a really annoying early period? This will be the first time i have ever had completely unprotected sex. When i was with my ex i was on the pill for a few years and then we used condoms. With my current partner we have always used condoms (up until now) and with previous sexual partners i have always used condoms. I have to say, we were both a bit disappointed when this "period" arrived - we agreed that if it doesn't happen within the next two months we will wait until after the wedding (don't really want to be a pregnant bride lol). But anyway, as i say it's just a nagging feeling regarding this bleeding. Has anyone that has tried for a baby ever had this problem or is it just an early period? As i said before i am alway regular (give or take a day or two) but have never been over two weeks early.

Thanks in advance guys :D
Formerly irnbrubar
jen
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Re: Trying to get pregnant/periods

Postby Bel Bel » Thu May 14, 2009 10:07 am

If you were using the pill i could understand coming off it might cause a change in your period but condoms or not should make no differnce whatsoever
It may just be conincidence. Before going to the doctors I would wait and see if the next one is the same/normal
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby LemonJuice87 » Thu May 14, 2009 11:03 am

I think Doctors say it can take up to 2 years for a normal couple to concieve. Dont quote me on that though.

I know it does seem weird that you've been having unprotected sex and your not pregnant. Especially when you here about these women having protected sex and still managing to get pregnant (I.E your's truly lol)

Keep trying for the next two months. Then after your wedding you have all the time in the world to try. I spose then you can really concentrate on it lol.
You know you're a mum when the thought of food shopping alone becomes exciting.

When you and your significant other are having an argument, just take all of your clothes off during the spat and stand there. Something is bound to happen!! =]
LemonJuice87
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby rufio89 » Thu May 14, 2009 11:06 am

I agree with the other 2.

I keep being hypnotised by BelBels picture...
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Thu May 14, 2009 11:21 am

I agree with Bel Bel in the following
Bel Bel wrote:If you were using the pill i could understand coming off it might cause a change in your period

and lemonjuice for
LemonJuice87 wrote:I think Doctors say it can take up to 2 years for a normal couple to concieve. Dont quote me on that though.

I thought, it is said that it can take your body up to two years to recover properly from being on the pill.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby innocent » Thu May 14, 2009 10:07 pm

is it like a normal period or lighter??

if it is a little bit lighter than usual it could very well be implantation bleeding (when the fertilized egg implants itself into the womb).
Alis Grave Nil- Nothing is heavy to those who have wings.
innocent
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby jen » Thu May 14, 2009 10:45 pm

Hi folks

Thanks for your replys. I did hear about implantation bleeding and read up on it but i doubt it's that as it's pretty heavy (like my normal period). I didn't however know that it can normally take two years for a normal couple to concieve. I haven't been on the pill for over 3 years so i doubt it's my body recovering (myself and my fiance use condoms)

I think it may just be an early period as it's starting to get a bit lighter now.

Thanks guys
Formerly irnbrubar
jen
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby LemonJuice87 » Sat May 16, 2009 8:12 pm

Dont quote me on that though, that it can take up to two years.

I think thats what i heard. I would check with your doctor for proper conformation :)
You know you're a mum when the thought of food shopping alone becomes exciting.

When you and your significant other are having an argument, just take all of your clothes off during the spat and stand there. Something is bound to happen!! =]
LemonJuice87
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Physical