Hayfever

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Hayfever

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Thu May 14, 2009 11:23 am

Can any one recommend any decent hayfever remedies?

I know there is the over the counter stuff but I don't want to have to take it every single day for a long time.

My hayfever isn't bad enough to go to the doctors about it either, I get REALLY dry eyes, sometimes ichy, my nose blocks up, it doesn't seem to run unlike most hayfever sufferers. My nose is normally unbelievably ichy; I can't scratch it all the time cos it looks like I'm picking it, but it's sore and then it gets ichy, plus I suffer with a sore throat because of it all summer.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Re: Hayfever

Postby kerrie24 » Thu May 14, 2009 11:45 am

I suffer from hayfever allthough mine starts later in the year,and I get loritadine (sp?) from the doctor and just some water-based eye drops.I also find it usefull to carry a small packet of wet wipes to wash my eyes now and then as it removes the pollen from your eyelashes and I find it really helps
kerrie24
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bel Bel » Thu May 14, 2009 12:05 pm

Loratidine is the same as clarityn but if you buy it from the cemist it's about £4 pack of 6 tablets. The doctor will, give you 30 days at a time for the price of a prescription, some will even give you 60 days worth. It's an anti allergy tablet and you have to takeit every day to get the best from it
Opticrom is a great anti allergy eye drop you can buy at the chemist, you have to throw it away after 30 days of opening. You may find it helps the nose too as ear, nose and throat are all connected
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Thu May 14, 2009 1:17 pm

kerrie24 wrote:I suffer from hayfever allthough mine starts later in the year

I was suffering from it in December and January - it disappeared and has re-appeared.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby captainf » Wed May 20, 2009 2:39 am

I normally have piriton tablets (they are tiny!) I just take one a day and they do the trick for me. You can also get it in liquid medicine form too.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri May 22, 2009 2:35 pm

Thanks. I do have Piriton at home plus I bought boots own make hay fever tablets for when I go on holiday...I get heat rash quite bad so the pharmacist recommended hayfever tablets...I didn't get heat rash last year (well a tiny tiny bit) so I'm taking some again this year, coincidence or not.

I also got some eye drops Kerrie recommended since my eyes always feel really dry whatever the weather.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Return to Physical