Bleeding on the brain

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Bleeding on the brain

Postby sarahmienwok » Thu May 28, 2009 12:49 pm

Does anyone know anything about this? I've researched it a little on Wiki and have learnt about the symptoms, but I don't really know how long to look out for them for, when to know to stop looking for them. Does anyone know?

My boyfriend banged his head hard on Tuesday morning, making it bleed a lot. I took him to the hospital, and the x-ray and catscan both came back clear, but the doctor mentioned the possibility of bleeding on the brain (possible for any bad head injury - and one of those things he has to say even if the possibility is slim to none), and it's got me worried. The smallest, most insignificant things are now magnetized in my head.

Such as him stumbling over while getting into bed on Tuesday night - loss of balance is a symptom. Texting me saying the stitches will come out Mon or Tues, only to tell me last night the doc said Mon or Wed - confusion is a symptom.

He says he feels fine, and he does seem it - no vomiting, no dizziness, no headaches, no slurring of words, his pupils are equal.

Someone tell me I'm over-reacting and I have nothing to worry about, please! :)
sarahmienwok
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Re: Bleeding on the brain

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Thu May 28, 2009 1:05 pm

You are probably over reacting. His confusion about the Monday and Tuesday could be he knew fine well it was Wednesday and not Tuesday however, maybe he was on auto pilot and typed Tues when he ment Wed.

If he'd stumbled into bed any other night you wouldn't take any notice of it; it's just because he banged his head.

Just keep an eye on him and if he does a lot more that you are concerned about then take him back to the doctors, if not then you are going back to see them on Monday or Wednesday anyway.

If the X-ray and cat scan both came back ok then I'd say he was ok, they would have shown at least "some" bleeding/swelling then if there was any to be had. The doctors also wouldn't have let him go if there was "any" sign of danger.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby sarahmienwok » Thu May 28, 2009 1:19 pm

Thanks for replying!

He says that he's okay because he's not dizzy or being sick, but Wiki said that symptoms can only be slight if there is only a little bleeding. I don't know if it's an instant thing, or something that can develop over the next few days after an accident, that's whats bugging me I think.

After saying that though, I know you're right dipsy, I wouldn't think anything of it if he hadn't have hurt himself. I just need someone other than him to tell me I'm being an over-protective worry wart :) It'd usually be my mum I'd whinge to, but I've not been able to tell her cos he's not told his mum yet.
sarahmienwok
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Thu May 28, 2009 1:40 pm

Even if it's slow bleeding I would have thought they'd have seen some swelling on the x-ray or cat scan.

Imaging bumping or scratching yourself, it swells instantly even if it's only tiny. I'd have thought for a rather big bang then something would have been FAR more obviouls than those little bumps or scratches I'm talking about.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:53 am

How is your boyfriend doing, has he had his stitches out yet?
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby captainf » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:30 am

Is this topic in conjunction with this one?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15579
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Return to Physical