tough roots =(

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

tough roots =(

Postby remember1210 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:44 pm

hey,

I shave 'down there' because i prefer it and my boyfriend prefers it, but i have really tought hair roots, and thick hairs. This means ingroing hairs are like common on me, but also, i can never get a really smooth shave =/ and so it never lasts more than a day, but more annoyingly, when they grow back, because they're really tough, i have to let them grow a good 5mm before shaving them off again, because if i try doing it before then, it's way too rough and just tugs, then i end up bleeding and cut. This is obviously really sore =(

I hate waiting to do it, because it makes my bf wait, and also gets uncomfortable that long. I have friends who could easily shave everyday, it just kinda sucks. Same with my underarms inthat it's always like shadowed, and i have like 2 hairs from one pore a lot too.

Any recommendable razors or tips in general would be great.
Thanks
xxx
remember1210
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: tough roots =(

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:03 am

Two or more hairs growing out of one pore are common.

I'd suggest waxing, as for your ingrown hairs, I'd say let it grow back for a while, just trim it, it will help with the ingrown hairs and the soreness.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Skarlet » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:10 am

Always use a brand new razor, once you have shaved with it the blades are blunted and it won't shave as well, moisturise after shaving and use an exfoliant to help prevent the ingrown hairs. If you shave against the growth of the hair you will get a smoother look, but are more likely to get ingrown hairs. I normally buy disposable razors which I use once and then only for my legs.

I would leave it while it is sore, let it heal and then try waxing, although it is more painful.
Skarlet
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Bel Bel » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:13 pm

I would try hair removal cream for a while as it will reduce the thickness of the hair. I know it's a pain but it definately lasts a bit longer between hair removal than shaving especially after the first few gos
Also Johnsons were doing a hair minimising cream some time ago, try boots to see if they still have it
There are in growing hair solutions about, again try boots
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to Physical