Implanon Implant

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Implanon Implant

Postby LadySpam » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:44 pm

Hi,

I went to the doctors about mine about a month ago, because i was experiencing changes - spotting/periods every other week and terrible painful spots. Anyway, it's dying and I have finally got an appointment to get it removed next week. Basically it's 3 year life span is nearly up and I was just wondering whether anyone on here has had the implant for that long and did you get any symptoms/changes once it was removed? The reason why i ask is that after a long spell on the pill, once i stopped that, my cycle didn't return to normal for about 10 months ( i didn't get a single period for 9 months!!) and at the time i found that quite stressful, so i'm hoping that won't happen again. :-?

If not, just in general, if you have one, how have you found it? I've noticed changes, but i'm unsure whether to attribute them to the implant or not!!
LadySpam
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Implanon Implant

Postby LemonJuice87 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:47 pm

I've had it for just just over two months now.

I havnt had a period yet, which i'm not sure how to feel about lol. I love not having them, but it's kind of a natural thing to have them lol. And i'm not gonna get pregnant for another 3 years. WooHoo. (Please note the sarcasm :lol: )

I have had a headache every day now for the last 2 weeks and have read on the internet that the Implant cause's those. And my teenage spots seem to have found thier way back onto my face lol.
My boobs are quite tender and quite alot larger than usual. (I sometimes feel like i'm describing a pregnancy, not the implant lmao)
And i can't think of anything else lol.

Nothing i can't handle, but if the headaches dont let up soon then i'm gonna go to the docs. They are doing my head in. (No pun intended)
You know you're a mum when the thought of food shopping alone becomes exciting.

When you and your significant other are having an argument, just take all of your clothes off during the spat and stand there. Something is bound to happen!! =]
LemonJuice87
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Re: Implanon Implant

Postby LadySpam » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:56 pm

Hi LemonJuice87,

I didn't have a period for the majority of the first couple of years that i had it! It's only been the last 9 months or so that they've come back randomly and more frequently recently!! That was the best part of it..not having to deal with all that hassle!!

I suffered from the headaches at the beginning and things improved after a couple of months! As for the spots.....don't even get me started! I'm in my mid 20's, yet i seem to have my teenage skin back, and on occasions i was having to have a small course of antibiotics to help clear things up! Very annoying!!!

I know what you mean about describing pregnancy symptoms! A couple of months ago, i'd almost convinced myself i was pregnant...i had loads of symptoms, heartburn, sickness, fatigue, bloating etc etc and even did a test, which was negative. I've since found out that the implant can create "phantom pregnancies" because it tricks your body into thinking that it is. But the strange thing for me was that i'd never had that before or since, and i've had this implant for nearly 3 years!!
It's all a bit weird when you think about how contraceptive methods effect your body. I'm looking forward to having it taken out and giving my body a break!! :)
LadySpam
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Physical