polycystic ovaries

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

polycystic ovaries

Postby babydee86 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:32 pm

does anybody else here suffer with PCOS??
i do and want to get some tips on dealing with the unwanted hair that comes with it!!
im actually really lucky and compared to some suffers, my symptoms are mild....in fact my biggest issue is hair on my chin, not alot but hair non the less!! and each time it grows bk it gets thicker, more corse and dark!!
its not where i've been.....its where i'm about to go
babydee86
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: polycystic ovaries

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:51 pm

my friend has it and it was on embarrasing bodies last night channel 4. May be reapeated this week and possible on more4 if you have that channel.

Laser treatment was the only thing that worked for my friend and the woman last night had that and she was really really hairy down below and even up her bum crack - bless her for going on TV and showing us all.
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:30 am

I also saw it on Embarassing bodies on channel 4...they have a site...http://www.channel4.com/bodies. Have a look on that and see what they say.

Bel Bel wrote:bless her for going on TV and showing us all.

I agree, although I think it was very good of her to go on TV because it shows other sufferers that you aren't the only one and there is help. It also highlights the problems and makes more people more aware of it.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby crumpetsandtea » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:10 pm

I think the laser treatment idea is a great one, especially as a long term solution. But I was just wondering, have you tried waxing? One of my friends gets the hair on her top lip waxed, and she says its grown back a lot thinner and lighter as a result. (the only problem being letting it grow back, but I suppose you could always bleach it in the meantime.

It might also be worth talking to you GP and see whether they would refer you on the NHS for laser treatment on the unwanted hair. Although I don't think its something they would normally do, if you can demonstrate to your doctor how much it bothers you and affects your life, they may refer you on those grounds. My next door neighbour had a breast enlargement on the NHS because one of her breasts was bigger than the other and they agreed to do it on the same sort of basis.
Might be worth a try!
crumpetsandtea
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:57 pm

Hair removal cream as well. Bel Bel in another post mentioned hair reduction cream as well (she suggested boots).

I had "cosmetic" moles removed. They were on my back and HUGE and ugly (I never wore backless tops because I was ashamed of them); so I asked at the doctors and said they've grown and because of where they were I added "I get them caught on my bra straps". She said ordinarily I'd have to go private but because I kept catching them I got them removed on the NHS.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby babydee86 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:55 pm

2 problems with laser treatment 1) i can't afford it, if i could i would give it ago alothough problem 2) my endocrinologist says it does not always work for PCOS suffers due to differnent hormones kicking in at different times of the hair folicles life cycle.
waxing is what i do...but would love to just be normal and not panic everytime i see the hair coming bk!!....but oh well guess i'll just have to except this is me and live with it. i am a bit concerned about the long term effect waxing may have on my face tho??!!
my friend told me all about that program and to be honest i feel bad for even complaining!! compared to that poor lady im sweet! but i just feel like i should not have tp put up with something that most girls take for granted....no beard!! lol
i don't understand how pre-op transexual males can have a face has smooth as a babys bottom, yet the have developed no treatment for ACTUAL females who have a hormaonal inbalance!!
sorry bit of a rant!! thanks for the input tho peeps!! xx
its not where i've been.....its where i'm about to go
babydee86
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Physical