Red skin :-(

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Red skin :-(

Postby Kayx » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:20 pm

Dear All

Was wondering if anyone out there has/have ever had this problem. Just recently I have found that my skin on my face has been really red :-( Running my fingers over it it feels slightly dry but no matter how much I moisturise it it doesn't help. I try not to touch it as I touch my face quite a lot during the day without knowing it and am trying to drink more water and cut down my fried food. I know some people will say see your GP but I have had a rubbish 3-4 months of not feeling right,blood and urine tests not revealed anything so don't really want to go back to them.

Any input would be great

Kay x
Kayx
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Red skin :-(

Postby snail » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:17 pm

Sounds like rosacea, although eczema is a possibility too. It's impossible for us to say, really, as we can't see it. Try Googling rosacea and then eczema, and seeing if the symptoms fit.
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby captainf » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:24 pm

As someone who suffers with eczema I can only advise you on the basis that its possibly eczema. In which case i'd suggest trying some moisturiser thats different to the one you've been trying. I'd recommend the moisturiser that I use and thats diprobase. You can buy it over the counter in a chemist but I think you may have to ask them for it as im not so sure if its on a shelf. Also as its 'playing up' I also will add that you can moisturise it as many times a day as you wish too. You're not restricted.

Drinking water etc will also help you.

If however you find my ideas havent worked then i'd suggest visiting the doctor.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby LME79 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:13 am

Try E45, if you havent already! My manager had the same problem and as soon as she used E45 she noticed a marked improvement :)
I want to be..a tree..
LME79

Postby snail » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:30 am

Yeah, I always have a big pot of E45 handy. Lots of creams irritate my skin and give me an outbreak of eczema but E45 never does :)

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bel Bel » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:52 pm

or go to holland and barrat and ask them for advice on a more natural treatment
you could also try a homeopath if you don't want to go back to the doctors
whether or not they found nothing before you have a physical symptom this time and it might even be realted to your previous symtpoms so you should really go back
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:53 pm

Ask in a local chemists (preferably a none chain one); I have a "rash" thing and I asked in the chemists yesterday; they suggested a few things which I have tried; then one of them said you could use X but you need it on prescription. There is nothing else we can give you without prescription. So I'm off to the doctors with a "tiny rash". Stupid going for a small rash but there is nothing else I can do.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby snail » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:42 pm

Actually, something just occurred to me: Kayx, go back and show your doctor the rash. I know you don't want to but if you have been feeling run down and you now have a rash, you need to rule out lupus. The rash could be the missing piece in the puzzle of why you've been feeling unwell, so your doc needs to see it. You could mention you're concerned about lupus to him or her.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bel Bel » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:57 pm

yes thats a very good point snail. the lupus rash is described as a butterfly shape accross the face either side of the nose.
you might not be able to make out a butterfly exactly but lupus isn't always easily diagnosed without a spefific test for it
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby snail » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:45 pm

Exactly, so the doc seeing the rash and/or testing specifically for lupus may be important.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Physical