Exercises for losing tummy fat...

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Exercises for losing tummy fat...

Postby sazzled » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:40 am

Hi everyone!

I want to lose weight, as you can tell by the subject! I'm happy with my body except my stomach which has always been my downfall! I'm medium built and have naturally big hips, thighs, boobs, bum etc. I'm definitely proof of the saying, "A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips." I don't want to become a stick insect because I'm not designed to be that way, I just want to lose the fat on my stomach as I have severe love handles/muffin top and I hate it! :grrr:
I'm a size 16/18 at the mo, some tops I have to get an 18 to accomodate for my boobs. I want to be the smaller end of a size 16, I'm not bothered if I'm a 16/18 on top, it's the bottoms I'm more concerned about.
Can someone please tell me what I should be eating and what the best exercise is for the stomach? I need something I can do at home as I can't afford extortionate gym prices. I'd prefer to start asap as I'm unemployed and have all the time in the world at the moment! :biggrin:

Thanks alot! :rainbow:
sazzled
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Re: Exercises for losing tummy fat...

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:23 pm

A wii fit is really good if you have a wii
There is a hola hoop game that is great for fat burning and it will tone up the tummy and thighs too
Also you can pick yoga exercises that tell you precisly what area they are targeting

You can use the promotion code zg561 to get £10 off at littlewoods. You can also pay over 20 weeks interst free

If you don't have a wii i would suggest sit ups for the stomach and walking/jogging for genaral weight lose.
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby funk33 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:09 pm

Unfortunately you can't spot reduce fat, you can only reduce your overall body fat, so you won't to be able to lose weight only on your stomach. The best ways to lose weight are through HIIT and tabata workouts (worth googling) combined with free weights, although all of these are really hard work!
funk33
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby kerrie24 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:53 pm

Just before christmas I lost a little over a stone,and the stomach was one of the first places it came off (I had to invest in some belts to keep my trousers up!lol)Along with my face and thighs.The only way is to start losing weight all over your body then do excersizes to tone up afterwards,also dont eat a lot of stodgy food(nothing beige,for example bread, pastry,batter,cake,white pasta)that bloats you and drink 8-10 glasses of very cold water a day
kerrie24
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:12 pm

How did you loose your weight Kerrie? Like you said in your post?
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby kerrie24 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:53 pm

dipsydoodlenoodle wrote:How did you loose your weight Kerrie? Like you said in your post?

Yeah,cut out junk.And i drank lots and lots of water.It was really hard and once the initial stone was off the rest stuck and I lost the incentive (who diets at christmas anyways? :lol: )But if you could stick at it then you could lose more.
But dipsy iv seen that pic of you in your bikini,theres NO WAY you need to diet [-X ! lol
kerrie24
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:55 pm

The bikini pic was 3 years ago (and almost 3 stone ago - almost all on my belly as well). I don't eat loads of junk, that is the problem, I don't eat huge portions, I generally eat slow. I'm planning on decreasing my portion size, and I drink loads of water when I'm at work.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby kerrie24 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:59 pm

yeah try cutting down your portions.That was one of my problems aswel,when I made a meal for us I gave myself nearly the same portion size as my boyfriend.
kerrie24
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:25 pm

My bf does that, he gives me his sized portions (i.e. more than most normal people eat). I still didn't manage the whole lot though. I only had a smaller portion last night and went for a brisk walk so hopefully something will happen :).
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby sazzled » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:43 pm

kerrie24 wrote:also dont eat a lot of stodgy food(nothing beige,for example bread, pastry,batter,cake,white pasta)that bloats you and drink 8-10 glasses of very cold water a day

Does that mean all bread or just white? I eat alot of granary bread. Would the stodgy food also include pototoes, again - I eat alot of potatoes too! Water i'm fine with, I have a 2 litre bottle in the fridge and I'm trying my hardest to drink all of it in a day...
sazzled
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby funk33 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:00 pm

You should cut out white bread completely. With regards bread, pasta, potatoes and carbohydrates these are best eaten earlier in the day and post workout. As carbohydrates are stored dense energy if they are eaten excessively and not burnt off through exercise it gets stored and makes you put on weight. However it is not a good idea to cut carbohydrates out of your diet completely just to cut them down and eat them at the above times.
funk33
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby kerrie24 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:53 pm

Granary bread is better than white but whole grain bread and pasta are the best as they give you more energy for longer.Potatoes with a meal are fine,just boiled or baked though not fried/roasted with fat.Obviously you need carbs and they shouldnt be cut out completly just have the good ones,and in moderation.
kerrie24
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:24 pm

My problem is I only like white bread :(.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby kerrie24 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:38 pm

yeah it is nicer.I try to bet the best of both for the kids cos they refuse to eat brown
kerrie24
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:40 pm

I don't mind the best of both actually.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Next

Return to Physical