Too skinny :(

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Re: Too skinny :(

Postby Bel Bel » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:41 pm

Do it dispy - that would be hilarious :lol:
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby rufio89 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:42 pm

dipsydoodlenoodle wrote:
spacegirl wrote:i know, tell me about it. that's exactly what winds me up. people should keep their opinions to themselves if they've nothing good to say, no-one should call anyone "TOO" anything. too thin, too fat, too short, too tall... if it's too something, then it's going to be hurtful.

True!

I've had people come up to me and say "oh you are tall"...my response that I WISH I had the guts to say "oh really, *looks around* so I am, thanks for pointing it out"

hehe.
People do this with my feet. (theyre a 3) they always say "GOD you've got TINY feet". Yeah, cheers, not noticed that before when I had to walk round HUNDEREDS of shops trying to find adult size 3 shoes!
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:42 am

Ha I know exactly how you feel. As I've said I can only buy trousers in 3 shops (maximum); I bought a pair of black trousers a few years ago from Topshop...due to my fat belly I've had to buy new ones I can fit into....I bought them a few months ago maybe...Anyway when I was going for my meeting at work I needed to go smart, I tried my "new" black trousers on and was upset because they didn't fit...I then looked in my wardrobe and saw the NEW trousers I'd bought....they are EXACTLY the same as the smaller ones I have. I bought them at least a year to two years apart (both from topshop)...my issues are that they do NOT change their styles! If I need new jeans or anything I have to buy the same style I bought 3/4 years earlier rather than getting a new style GRRR.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby PinkBlueBird » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:03 pm

I know how you feel..
I'm 20, 5ft tall and weigh 6.5 stone. I get treated like a 10 year old wherever I go, and it's SO SO annoying, but to be honest there's not much you can do about it. :(
When I started dating my boyfriend he asked to see proof that I was over 18 :lol:
I was rather offended at the time.

I'm always hungry and I eat like a pig,I don't do very much exersise either, but have always been really thin, and it seems to run in the family - my younger brother weighs the same as me and is 3 inches taller.
I have been checked out by the doctor several times, but the changes in my diet and the fortisip drinks have never done anything.
I've been told that it's probably my metabolism, which will probably slow as I get older and I'll begin to put on a bit of weight then.

I really hated the way I am up until last year. I hated being a washboard with no boobs and no hips, and didn't feel very feminine at all.
But, I realised that I am the way I am, and I shouldn't hate myself for it. It's bad enough that other people make nasty comments. So Instead of thinking all the time on what I hated about myself I concentrated on the things I liked. And that goes for everything else as well as my physical appearance.
It gave me a little bit more confidence - just enough so that I can shrug off the times when people treat me like a kid :P.

sorry, bit of a rant XD
PinkBlueBird
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:59 am

PinkBlueBird wrote: really hated the way I am up until last year. I hated being a washboard with no boobs and no hips, and didn't feel very feminine at all.
But, I realised that I am the way I am, and I shouldn't hate myself for it. It's bad enough that other people make nasty comments. So Instead of thinking all the time on what I hated about myself I concentrated on the things I liked. And that goes for everything else as well as my physical appearance.
It gave me a little bit more confidence - just enough so that I can shrug off the times when people treat me like a kid .

That is the way forward. I HATE how people judge you based on height. I'm 5'10-11 so tall for a woman, I've always been taller than everyone my age...when I was little and out at halloween once some one said to me and my friend (who is also tall) "aren't you two too old to be doing this?" she took us based on height rather than the way we looked. Being tall people always assume I'm strong (emotionally) and that I don't need to talk about my problems or have feelings...in reality it's not true. I still have feelings, I still need to cry. It's the same theory that all short/small people need looking after...I wish people would stop assuming and use their brain once in a while.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Previous

Return to Physical