Cellulite

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Cellulite

Postby RagDoll » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:20 pm

Sorry to keep hogging the physical forum guys!

Just wondering if anyone has any advice re: how to get rid of cellulite? I always had a bit on the back of my legs but it wasn't that noticeable up until recently and I'm quite paranoid about it now. I'm trying to lose a bit of weight, so I know that will help, but any other tips would be great.
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Re: Cellulite

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:00 pm

I've just been reading about it on msn news this morning. I'll copy and paste what it says :)

Eat plenty of fruit and veg
Fresh fruit and vegetables such as blueberries, cherries, blackberries, citrus, cauliflower, broccoli, tomatoes, and peas contain antioxidants that help increase the flexibility of the septa, and an elastic septa ensures that the cellulite stays beneath the surface. Also try to incorporate a good multi-vitamin into your diet since these contain essential vitamins and minerals to help with normal cell function.

Avoid saturated fats
These help build cellulite by blocking the arteries and becoming trapped in the tissue as well, thus preventing sufficient waste and toxin elimination. Try to eat more essential fatty acids such as omega 3 and 6 as these help reduce cells sticking together.

Try a detox
Cellulite can form when toxins are built up within the body and therefore harden the septa, so by avoiding creating those toxins in the first place we can stop cellulite forming. One way of doing this is by avoiding tobacco, caffeine, preservatives and spicy foods in our diets.

Give up smoking
Obviously not great for the skin and lungs, but smoking also weakens the skin by causing constriction of capillaries and therefore the circulatory system, this in turn damages the connective tissue that causes the dimpling effect of cellulite.

Take regular exercise
Evidently regular exercise will burn fat and increase muscle tone, both of which will help to reduce the appearance of cellulite. But moreover exercise increases the activity of the heart and therefore circulatory system bringing ‘new’ nutrient rich blood to the skin whilst heavy breathing and muscle contractions stimulate the lymph system which then takes away the waste products. Consequently toxins are removed and the septa remains unhardened meaning cellulite is less likely to form.

Try breathing exercises
Something as simple as deep and heavy breathing can help stimulate both the circulatory and lymph system, thus serving to eliminate toxins. Try this breathing technique: Breathe in, hold and out for a ratio of 1:4:2. So breathe in for 1 second, hold for 4 seconds and then breathe out for 2 seconds.

Reduce Stress
When stressed your body releases adrenaline a hormone that directs blood to our 'fight or flight' muscles, such as the triceps, biceps and quadriceps, in preparation for defence or retreat. This means blood is redirected away from the skin, decreasing circulation and less toxins are removed

Massage your body

Use a large flat brush, with fairly stiff bristles, and brush in the direction of lymph flow, toward the next group of lymph nodes. Start at the ankles, using gentle, fan-like movements and work up to the thighs and beyond the bottom if necessary. Remember that lymph drainage relies on very light pressure…brush gently. Practice this daily before bathing or showering and it will become a daily habit. Dry skin brushing should improve the texture and appearance of the skin.
However, used alone, it is unlikely to reduce the volume of cellulite. So follow the dry brushing by applying a botanical anti-cellulite gel or an aromatherapy mixture that stimulates the release of fat. Dry skin brushing removes the dead layers of skin and other impurities, allowing the pores to eliminate without obstruction. The technique also stimulates circulation so that the blood can nourish the tissues, as well as effectively removing wastes. It is also an excellent way of clearing and stimulating the lymphatic system.

Drink Plenty of Water
Drink a sufficient amount of water and this will help ‘flush’ toxins from the body and therefore help to maintain a healthy septa.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:42 pm

ok whilst some of the above may help slightly you are unlikely to get rid of it
I have tried creams, potions, endomolgy massage, wraps etc etc etc
It has got worse with age
They say massage helps stimulate something that is more likely to get rid of it but it really only works slightly and temporarily
Apparently even liposcution cannot get rid of it
If you invent something or find a cure PLEASE pm me
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby inc » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:20 pm

Apparently there's nothing you can do about it- it's caused by oestrogen. It goes away when your older. Think youself lucky you don't have it on your knees. I do!
inc
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby ToriL87 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:41 pm

There was an article about cellulite in a magazine i read recently, it said drinking lots of water didn't help (but of course it's good to drink water) but cellulite is something to do with drainage? so excerise smooths it out, but doensn't get ride of it, and that body brushing is the best thing, aparently it should be done everyday it said to ' massage towards the heart to boost lymph drainage and your general circulation'

Unfortunately i don't think there is a miracle cure, as even the skinnest celebrities and fittest atheletes have cellulite, but it can't hurt be eat healthy, exercise and try the body brushing to reduce it's appearance.

i have to also add though that one day my boyfriend asked me what cellulite was, he hadn't a clue what it looked like, but he'd heard his mum talking about it, i tried to show him and he just rolled his eyes- i took this to mean that guys aren't as concerned by cellulite as us females
Sorry, can't hang out, it's Quidditch season. You know how it is...
ToriL87
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby Millenia » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:50 pm

Water,water and water......nothing better for it.
Millenia
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby kerrie24 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:09 pm

Well I was always under the impression if your gonna get it,theres nothing much you can do!Slim and overweight people get it and all ages,my sister has it and she is thin, young and relatively fit,but she also has more stretchmarks than me and iv had 2 kids!I think some people are just prone to it.Body brushing is meant to help by increasing the blood flow to the area,as is the cream,and drinking water cant hurt,but as belbel said,most of us have tried it all unfortunatly :(
kerrie24
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Physical