I missed a pill or two...

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

I missed a pill or two...

Postby whoopsie » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:53 pm

I've always been a bit rubbish at taking my pill, but have never had an 'accident' in all the years i've been sexually active. A week last friday, i missed a pill, and then again on wednesday just gone. I have also taken a few late, outside of the recommended 12hr window. Me and my boyfriend have had sex between now and the friday that i missed one. Anyway, for the last 3 days or so, i have had spotting and also really bad cramps, worse than my normal period pains. I'm also tired and weeing alot (altho i've been like that for a while now). I found that the above, plus a few other symptoms match a some of the early signs of pregnancy i found on the net, and it said the cramps start around 8 days after conception.
I've used the pill for around 10 years, am i likely to have gotten pregnant after missing a few? I use dianette if it helps with any advice. I don't want to spend a fortune on a test if it's unlikely i'm pregnant, just my sister had cramps too when she conceived so i'm a little nervous.
=^..^=
whoopsie
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Re: I missed a pill or two...

Postby captainf » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:48 am

Regardless to the advice you recieve here you should probably go to the doctor if you're concerned about the 'spotting' and 'cramps' that you're getting.
Also use this as a learning curve and be abit more careful when it comes to taking the pill in the future. :)
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby rufio89 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:10 am

It's probably pretty unlikely, but I would take a pregnancy test just to be sure, they're really not that expensive, you can get them in boots for about £5 I think.
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Millenia » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:58 am

If you are having difficulties in remembering to take your pill you can use the Depo injection instead which you only get every 3 months. I must say though that it can have some worse side effects for a couple of months when you start it.

Millenia
Millenia
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Skarlet » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:59 am

It depends on the pill really. I have an alarm set on my mobile to remind me to take mine, because I am pretty rubbish at remembering to take it. the text below comes from advice online. The other problem with the injection, at least in my area, is that you can't have it for longer then 2 years. :(

You should try and take your pill at the same time every day to help you remember to take it. This is particularly important if you are relying on this medicine for contraception. If you forget to take a pill, you should take it as soon as you remember (even if that means taking two pills in one day) and then continue to take your pills, one every day, as normal.

With Dianette, if you have missed ONE or TWO pills anywhere in the packet, you will still be protected against pregnancy and you don't need to use extra contraception. Take the last pill you missed as soon as you remember, then continue taking your pills as normal.

If you forget to take THREE or more pills, you won't be protected against pregnancy. You should take the last pill you missed as soon as you remember, forget the other missed ones and then continue to take your pills, one every day, as normal. You should then either not have sex, or use an extra barrier method of contraception, eg condoms, until you have taken a pill correctly for next seven days in a row. If the pills you missed were in the third week of your packet, you should skip the pill-free week and start a new packet straight away. If the pills you you missed were in the first week of your packet and you had unprotected sex in that week, or in the pill-free week before, it may be recommended that you take emergency contraception (the morning after pill). Ask for medical advice.

If you are confused about any of this, you can get individual advice for your circumstances from your doctor, pharmacist, local family planning clinic, or by calling the fpa helpline on 0845 122 8690.
Skarlet
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:13 am

I would take a test just to make sure. It's better to spend a few pound and put your mind and ease rather than worrying about it.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby kerrie24 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:21 am

You can get a test for £1 if you have a poundland near where you live.They all work the same way,I have never bought an expensive one.
kerrie24
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby LemonJuice87 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:35 am

Urrmmm... I'm not sure you want to hear this, but i feel i have to say something.

I was on Dianette, although I didn't miss any pills, i fell pregnant with my Daughter.
You said you've been on it for 10 years, so maybe that doesnt apply. But just thought i should throw that in. Sorry.

I think you should get a test, like Kerrie said, you can get them from the Poundshop. My sister stocked up when her and her fiance started trying for a baby.

I think you should still go to the Docs, spotting and the cramps could be something completly different.
You know you're a mum when the thought of food shopping alone becomes exciting.

When you and your significant other are having an argument, just take all of your clothes off during the spat and stand there. Something is bound to happen!! =]
LemonJuice87
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby whoopsie » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:47 am

LemonJuice87 wrote:

I was on Dianette, although I didn't miss any pills, i fell pregnant with my Daughter.

Yikes!!

I think the cramps and the spotting might be my body being a bit confused, thinking it's having a break from the pill. I will do a test though, just to be on the safe side. Do Wilkinsons sell tests? I need to go there later.
=^..^=
whoopsie
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby whoopsie » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:45 am

Just a thought, but would a test work already?
=^..^=
whoopsie
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby rufio89 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:01 pm

I think they're more accurate after about 2 weeks, but you can get those early signs ones? But they are more expensive.
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby m_m » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:58 pm

I have removed this post due to identity issues, I hope that is not a problem x
Last edited by m_m on Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
m_m
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:48 pm

I think manufacture me is right and as Dianette is a strong pill anyway you may be ok but as others have said put your mind at rest with a test
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby whoopsie » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:13 am

I'm not pregnant. Phew! I bought 2 tests and will do another one in a week or so if i'm still worried. Panic over! Thanks guys x
=^..^=
whoopsie
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby captainf » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:22 am

Good stuff, but make sure you learnt the importance of remembering to take your pill, imagine how differently your post would of been if it had been positive rather than negative.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Next

Return to Physical