I missed a pill or two...

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Re: I missed a pill or two...

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:26 am

Set a reminder on your phone so you will remember to take it at the same time every day.

I try to take mine as soon as I get up; occasionally I forget but I carry them in my bag so if I suddenly remember I can just take it.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Millenia » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:32 pm

You can have the injection up to 4 years, but then they test you as it can cause early bone problems. If you don't smoke or drink then you can have it longer. Im currently going for a bone scan after being on it for 4 years.

Millenia
Millenia
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Skarlet » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:58 pm

They made me come off it in my area. They said about a bone scan, but only to check my bones. not to allow me on it longer. I am considering going back on it, although the pill I am on at the moment-(tis a new one, as I have had bad times on Microgynon and cerazette.) and it seems to work for me at the moment.
Skarlet
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby crumpetsandtea » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:10 pm

I'm glad you had a lucky escape!

I keep my pills either in my make up bag or in my toothbrush cup (because there's never a day where I don't put make-up on or brush my teeth!) so I always see it and remember to take it. I try to carry a couple of spare pills in my bag just in case i've been in a rush and forgotten. I find it works well for me, I can be quite forgetful but I've not missed one so far!

Hope that helps for the future!
crumpetsandtea
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby ToriL87 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:32 pm

If your really concerned and don't want to buy a home test, go to your GP or a family planning clinic for a free test. However after being on the pill for so long i think it's unlikely, as usually women find it hard to concieve after coming off the pill - but there are the few who have no problems, so to reassure yourself i'd take a pregancy test.
Also have you considered getting the injection form of the pill which you only need to get every 3 months? or having an iud fitted which would mean not having to take the pill at all? i used to find remembering to take mine a real problem, now i keep them in my handbag and set an alarm on my phone to remind me, but i'm planning to get the injection in the new year.
Sorry, can't hang out, it's Quidditch season. You know how it is...
ToriL87
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Previous

Return to Physical