Red Patches

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Red Patches

Postby RagDoll » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:01 am

Hi all,

In March of this year red patches started appearing on my legs which felt dry and itchy, so I assumed it was eczema (which I've had previously) and went to the doctors. She said she thought it was a fungal-infection (nicknamed ring-worm) and gave me the appropriate cream, which I used to no avail.

I went back to the doctors and saw a different one (not purposefully, it's just the way it worked out) and she said she thought it was more likely to be eczema, gave me some cream, but that hasn't worked either.

I am going back to the doctors on Tuesday, but I don't have a huge amount of faith in them and wondered if anyone has had anything similar/has any idea what it might be. The patches aren't that itchy anymore and although some of them still look a bit dry, others just look red now and have spread.

Thanks
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Re: Red Patches

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:06 pm

It sounds like psoriasis
My mum has it on her legs and so does a colleague at work, hers also spread to other parts of the body
See if this is any help
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psoriasis
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby RagDoll » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:34 am

Hmm I don't think it's as bad as that. I showed my Mum last night and she thinks it looks like eczema. If that's the case I'm not sure why the cream isn't clearing it up. I guess I'll just have to see what the doctor says. Part of me wonders if I have an allergy to something I'm not aware of.
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:03 am

I have some form of Eczema on my hands; I was originally treated for ring worm like you, then I tried another cream and then I got steriod cream; that worked for me. I actually when to the local chemists and all 3 chemists came out to help me with suggestions; it may be worth asking a chemists; when I asked they asked if I'd tried this, this, this and this; when I said I had they told me to go to the doctors and hope I'd get steroid cream. I only get mine in the summer and the chemist suggested that it could be linked to hayfever although the doctor said no; I think the chemists may be more right though as they listened more.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby RagDoll » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:29 am

the cream the doctor gave me is a steroid one, which I've used in the past when I had eczema (not exactly the same cream, but a steroid based one anyway) but it's not working. It's not even improving it, it's just the same, if not worse than it was when it first appeared.

If I have no luck with the doctors on Tuesday I might see what the chemists have to say.
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:31 pm

Well the doctor said to me "we are just trying different things to see what it is".

My mam had red patches (like blotches) all over her legs ages ago and I think she had to take tablets for it...I don't remember what it was though.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Return to Physical