Weight

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Weight

Postby Coup » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:57 pm

I have to lose weight before I just kill myself or something. It's getting me really down. I'm not overweight or anything. I was chubby when I was a kid but then lost a lot of the weight as I grew up and I had a really bad break up and started to put on a load of weight after being slightly depressed. I have so many stretchmarks on my legs, mostly, i even have them on my back :( I've went from a size 8 to a size 12 in less than two months, and it doesn't take a genius to know that's bad. I have to fix this and get back to my size 8 because this is ruining my life, I don't want to leave the house anymore because I'm so uncomfortable at this weight.
I don't want people to tell me that I'm not fat and I don't want people to say I'm a healthy weight. Because I'm very small for my age, 18, I'm about 5ft 1 so it's not ok. And I want to be a size 8 again, I hate myself atm and I don't want to hate myself.
I need help to lose weight, tips and ideas. I want the fastest way possible. And I can't go to the gym because I'm not good with public places like that. I just need help before I stop eating all together.
Coup
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: Weight

Postby captainf » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:16 pm

First of all, im sure you look lovely just the way you are.
However, I understand that this is a problem that is affecting your confidence.
Do you do much exersize at home? If not maybe you should try getting into a routine where you do.
Just try simple things like sit ups, or jogging.
Alternatively, how do you feel about joining a gym? Joining a gym may help you lose weight and also tone up at the same time which will help with your confidence.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Skarlet » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:20 pm

There is no quick way. The only way is eating the right amount of calories, and doing enough exercise to counter the intake of calories. If you stop eating completely and starve yourself, you won't actually lose weight, you will just make your body go into storage mode.

Also everyone gets stretch marks, they happen when you gain weight, and when you grow. You can use products like bio oil to reduce their appearance, but the important thing to remember is, even skinny people get them. Hence why in modelling photos they use airbrushing and tools to remove the moles and marks from the bodies of models. No one has a mark free body.
Skarlet
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby snail » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:25 am

As Skarlet says, around 80% of women have stretch marks, so it's normal. But this isn't really about your weight or appearance, it's about your emotional state. That's why you went up two dress sizes in two months, and that's why you're using your (normal) weight as a reason not to leave the house and to hate yourself. Stop thinking about weight loss, concentrate on looking after yourself, and speak about this to your counsellor.
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby LME79 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:24 pm

I agree with snail.

If you do want to exercise but don't want to go to the gym, how about a home exercise DVD? There are loads to choose from - Natalie Cassidy's one that she released year before last is supposed to be excellent, as are the Davina McCall ones. The older releases will be loads cheaper on Amazon as well which will be far cheaper than a gym membership!
I want to be..a tree..
LME79

Postby Bel Bel » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:31 am

I totally agree with snail
Going from an 8 to a 12 is alarming in such a short time and I think you have to deal with the emotional problem behind this or you will yo yo diet for the rest of your life, make yourself ill and add loads more stretchmarks and saggy skin to your body
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby ennis81 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:53 am

Hi,

I have had strechmarks since I was about 16 way before I ever had my baby, they fade hun, and most men don't even notice them!!!!
I'm sure you look lovely the way you are, but if you want to lose weight, the only way is sensible eating combined with excercise, If you don't want to do the gym or go out, go to an aerobics class, all kinds of ladys all different shapes and sizes do these kinds of classes, they are really good and if you take a friend Great fun, if your eating rubbish excessively and finding it hard to stop, cut up carrots, cucumber or celery and nibble on them, eat popcorn NO BUTTER LOL, its very filling!!! or when ur craving something sweet brush your teeth cause nothing tastes that nice with that minty taste, drink plenty of water too, often when we think we're hungry we are actually thirsty.

1 last thing, focus on your good points until you get your weight back on track, theres enough people out there to run you down without doing it to yourself, be nice to yourself, i bet your gorgeous :)
ennis81
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby littlebee » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:22 pm

Hi,
I understand that your weight is bothering you but if there is an emotional problem you aren't going to stick to any diet until you solve the problem. And for exercise you could try exercise dvds such as Coleen Nolan's or Mel B's; there are so many to choose from and they aren't too expensive, and you can do them at any time in the day so it can fit into your schedule. You could also try pilates or yoga, they're good for your posture and weight, or you could sign up for an exercise class such as cardio cycling or aerobic, there's a lot to choose from. I am scared of going to the gym as well, because of all the people, so I completely understand where you're coming from but once you go to a class or something you might find that it isn't as bad as you think. Also try drinking a lot of water, I think the recommended amount is 8 glasses per day, and try to eat as healthily as you can, junk food will do you no good what-so-ever.
I hope you solve your problem and start to feel more comfortable in your own skin.

Bxxx.
littlebee
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Physical