URGENT! Think I might be pregnant!

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

URGENT! Think I might be pregnant!

Postby kirst34567 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:10 am

hi,
ok so im kinda worrrying at the minute i might be pregnant..im 19 next monday and im [quote]3 days late.my period last month was the 15th of october started at 3.00am and ended on the 18th i cant remember septembers start date think it was round about the same time,[/quote]i was put on the pill when i was 14 to irregulate my periods and stopped taking the pill in august me and my boyfriend have unprotected sex and [quote]the last time we had unprotected sex was on friday[/quote].i havent been really been getting any symptoms of pregnancy apart from getting minor cramps (do you think that myt be to do with my period) and around my nipple area has been abit tender and there is alot of white thick stuff like discharge thats on my pants.so i got a pregnancy test today and took it tonight at 7.15pm and it came up negative but my periods now going into being three days late but the pregnancy test came up negative if it sounds familiar to any of you women out there that i might be pregnant [quote]when should i take the other test & did i take that test tonight to soon for the definate result that i need.[/quote]
i would really appreciate all your advice,my boyfriends happy but im not and its not that i wouldnt love a baby its just i havent got a job and would find it very difficult in financial ways and wouldnt want to rely on my boyfriend for money,please get back to me as soon as you possibly thankyou , x
Last edited by kirst34567 on Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kirst34567
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: URGENT!(WOULD NEED WOMEN REPLIES FOR THIS ONE)

Postby kerrie24 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:09 am

Nobody can tell you on here if you are pregnant or not we can only guess same as you.Hopefully your symptoms are a sign your period is coming,however,sometimes if you do the pregnancy test too early it would come up negative anyway.If your period doesnt come,take another test in a week or so.
If now is not the time to start a family you should not be having unprotected sex,is there a reason why you came off the pill?Condoms are very effective if you prefer not to be on the pill,as long as you use them carefully.Its just not worth all the stress when there are so many contraception choices now.Good luck.
kerrie24
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:41 am

Wait a few more days and do another test; some can test after 2-3-4days after a missed period.

As Kerrie said if you came off the pill and had unprotected sex then it is to be expected in all fairness.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby RagDoll » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:56 am

The symptoms you've described sound very much to me like your period is on its way, but I don't have children so I don't know if you experience similar things when you're pregnant. Anyway, I agree with the others - if your period still hasn't come in a few days, take another test. Remember that being 3 days late isn't actually that late unless you're usually bang on - you said the doctor put you on the pill to regulate your periods, so I assume without the pill they're usually quite irregular?? If that's the case being 3 days late could be nothing more than your body not being in a strict monthly cycle.

I'm sure you don't need a lecture, but the only way to avoid being pregnant and feeling in a panic like this again is to use contraception in future.
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby kirst34567 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:49 pm

thanx for all your repies guys..so i shud maybe take another test then on friday.?
got mild cramps last night and im feeling really sick now one minute then fine the next, the reson i came off the pill was because i was getting bad side affects so came off it its got nothing to do with starting a family im 19,and as for condoms are concerned m allergic 2 latex as i was a hairdresser and had to order special gloves for me to colour hair but overall i know protection should be used so i will take another one on friday yeah?x
kirst34567
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby RagDoll » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:12 pm

Sounds sensible to me re: taking another test on Friday.

Regarding the side-effects you had with the pill you were on, could you not go back to the doctors, explain the issues and try another one? A lot of women experience negative side-effects, but they try different types of pills until they find one that suits them.
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:28 pm

RagDoll wrote:Regarding the side-effects you had with the pill you were on, could you not go back to the doctors, explain the issues and try another one? A lot of women experience negative side-effects, but they try different types of pills until they find one that suits them.

Definately go back to the doctors and tell them; there is more than one type of pill available; get yourself back there ASAP.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby kirst34567 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:00 pm

so i will take another test on friday then,and i will defo go to the doctors and see about another pill thankyou for all your help guys much appreciated x
kirst34567
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Skarlet » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:17 pm

Hi Kirst,

You can get condoms that are not made out of latex, am not completely sure what they are made of, but I think featherlite are a durex kind.

Skarlet
Skarlet
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby snail » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:28 pm

Polyurethane condoms. Some people use them in preference to latex just because they smell a bit nicer. They're easy to get hold of.
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby kirst34567 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:05 pm

thankyou very much,ill keep them in mind for now :)
kirst34567
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: URGENT! Think I might be pregnant!

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:17 pm

and if not there are plenty of other forms of contracteption available go and get an appointment with the practice nurse or your local sexual health clinic
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Re: URGENT! Think I might be pregnant!

Postby LemonJuice87 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:46 am

Take the Pregnancy test on your first visit to the loo in the morning. I took about 4 tests and the only one that said positive was the one I did first thing. It's something to do with the hormones in your pee.

I cant be much help with the symptoms of the pregnancy, i didnt really get any at all.

And I had the same effect with the Pill. I have the Implant now and it's amazing! Protects you from gettng pregnant for 3 years, you dont have to worry about taking a pill every day and depending on the person, you will either have no periods or very few periods.

Talk to your Doctor and see if this is an option you could consider.

Last bumped by kirst34567 on Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:46 am.
You know you're a mum when the thought of food shopping alone becomes exciting.

When you and your significant other are having an argument, just take all of your clothes off during the spat and stand there. Something is bound to happen!! =]
LemonJuice87
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Physical