Be more feminine

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Be more feminine

Postby Coup » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:38 pm

First of all, I don't mean acting more feminine..I mean looks-wise.
I see all of these girls and women who look so girly, gorgeous and feminine and sometimes I can't help but wonder how they look like that. Their skin's always so clear and perfect, and their make-up looks lovely..the foundation doesn't look all dry or patchy, and their hair looks smooth and nice.
My skin is all over the place, if it's not greasy..it's dry, and I always have spots, they never go away. And when I try to cover them with foundation they just look worse because it's all dry on my skin and looks un-even. I have no clue what I'm doing with make-up and I always have terrible bags under my eyes. My hair's just a natural frizz bomb so I straighten it every day but it still goes flicky as soon as I leave the house.
I'm so sick of being the ugly girl, now I want to be one of the gorgeous, feminine girls :( I just need to know where to start, I don't know how to make all of my imperfections go away..
Coup
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: Be more feminine

Postby /X\kinglee/X\ » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:14 am

how old are you and do you have any pic im sure you are beauteful you just dont see it.

but if you think you need to improve then for skin drink 6-8 pts of water this is also good for your hair

for spots try putting you face over a bow/sink with boiling water and let the steem open the pours in your face, then wipe it over with cotton wall or a towl then splach cold water over you face to close the pors

hope this help but i think you just ned conferdunce and you need to love your self abit more x
/X\kinglee/X\
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby kerrie24 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:08 am

You could maybe go to boots or somewhere with a makeup counter and ask an assistant to show you what looks good on you and how to apply it,that might make you more confident in putting your make-up on.I never wear make up except the odd night out so I am the same I always feel somone elses looks better,even though mines probably fine.As for the black bags under your eyes,do you get enough sleep?I also agree with kinglee re: the 6 glasses of water,your skin needs hydrated.
However I think you should stop comparing yourself to others,they might have nicer skin/straight teeth whatever,but they are sure to have a bodypart they dont like.Learn to love yourself,its not worth worrying over really :D
kerrie24
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby RagDoll » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:24 am

I agree with Kerrie re: the make-up counter.

Do you still moisturise even though you get spots? You mentioned that your foundation goes all un-even etc - do you always moisturise before you apply it? Are you using a good foundation too? I know it's a bit pricey, but I use Clinque make-up and it's fab. You can buy foundation from them that's for combination skin.

For the dark circles under your eyes - you can use concealor (and also use it to cover up your spots a little), but as Kerrie said, you need to make sure you're getting enough sleep.

With regards to spots.. do you have a good skin routine? Do you make sure you wash your make-up off properly? I use a bit of using toner every day too - seems to remove every scrap of make-up, which helps as my skin can breathe. Also, if they really bother you and they're quite bad, you could always go to your doctor about them? I think being on the contraceptive pill can help with spots. I am sure your doctor could advise you though :)

As Kinglee said, drinking water is also crucial to keeping everything moisturised and it will help flush out an toxins etc. which would help keep your skin clear. A good diet will also improve the condition of your skin.
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:30 pm

John Lewis and Debenhams have great make up conunters and will help you
Agree that a good foundation is better than cheap ones. However all foundations block your pores so I never ever wear one and have beautiful skin. However when I was younger I had a stage for about 12 months where I had bad skin, teenagers get that.
If the spots are really bad go to the doctors who can give you cream or tablets to clear it up
We all have to learn how to make the best of ourselves but having confidence really helps. Casn you take a good friend or relative to the shops and get them to help you pick some clothes and accessories to help show off your best features
I too doubt you are ugly.
I have really frizzy hair the day I wash it so I don't wash it everyday. John frieda frizz serum is good. You don't have to have poker stright hair to have nice hair either. Go to the hairdresser and ask them if they can suggest a cut that will suit and ask them how to maintain it and what products to use.
Most of all stop comparing all these firls have their own hangups and you don't know what problems they can be hiding under their clothes, no on is perfect
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to Physical