Big Bruises!!!

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Big Bruises!!!

Postby lusciouslips007 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:21 pm

Okay I fell down these metal stairs in my college last Monday and I got these really big bruises down my thighs. I thought it was no big deal coz you know, you get bruises then they just fade away. But it's been a week now and the bruises still hurt as much as they did when I first fell and they're this really nasty purply-greeney-blue colour. I can also feel hard bumps under them. I'm getting scared now coz none of my bruises have ever lasted this long before and the bruises hurt like hell and actually look worse then they first did. I dunno what the bumps are (could they be clots of blood or something?)
Could someone please give me some advise... how can I make them go? And are the bumps anything to worry about? Could there be torn muscle?
I'd really appreciate it...
lusciouslips007
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Big Bruises!!!

Postby snail » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:45 pm

Bruises can often take two weeks to go if they're severe (you should have seen the ones I got when a lorry knocked me off my bicycle :o ) and they do look worse before they get better, as the blood begins to be re-absorbed. The area can also feel tender for a long time, even after the bruise has faded. I'm not sure about the lumps though :-? Even if they are blood clots, they are not the deep-vein kind, as they are under the surface of the skin and not in the deep veins.

So I don't think there's anything to worry about, but as always, see a doctor to be sure if you're really worried.
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bel Bel » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:14 am

My husband recently had bruises like this and it took over 3 weeks to clear up. He was told the brusing went down to the bone hence why they were taking so long
If they are still bad in the new year go and have a chat with the doctor but I think it will have resolved itself by then
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby lusciouslips007 » Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:57 am

well the pain is finally going now but the lumps are still there and they feel like they're getting closer and closer to the skin when i feel them. It's as if they're right underneath the skin.
lusciouslips007
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:23 pm

if you are still worried go to the doctor but it sounds like they are just healing slowly
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to Physical