Light Period - What Does It Mean?

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Light Period - What Does It Mean?

Postby RagDoll » Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:06 pm

Hi,

I'm having a (probably unnecessarily) stress about my period.

I'm on Microgynon (contraceptive pill) and have been for years - it's never let me down in the past. Last month, when I was supposed to have my break and period, I decided to run pill packs together to avoid having a period as I would have been on over my birthday. A few days into the new pack I thought I noticed the TINEST bit of blood but never saw any again, so put it out of my mind. I accidently forgot a pill mid-pack (something I hardly ever do), but I followed the 7 day rule and used condoms for a week.

Anyway, I'm on my break at the moment and am on my period, but it's very light compared to what it is normally like. I'm into my third day of my period and it just seems really odd that it's so, so light. It's been more like my period on my last day the whole way through.

What do you think this means, if anything? I know it's probably silly to worry, but I'm a bit scared I could be pregnant, but I'm not sure how that could really be possible as I've done everything as I should have done.
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Re: Light Period - What Does It Mean?

Postby snail » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:57 pm

It's probably just the fact that your body is a little messed up from running two packs together, or it could simply be one of those things - I used to occasionally miss entire periods when I was on the Pill, for no apparent reason and without being pregnant.

You could also be pregnant, although the chances of this are low. No contraception works 100%. I'm afraid you need to take a test to be certain. If I'm in a relationship I always keep a couple of cheap tests in the cupboard so I never have to wait to get to the shops!
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby RagDoll » Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:44 pm

I took a pregnancy test today and thankfully it came back negative. PHEW!
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby snail » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:13 pm

That's great, a good result :D
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:53 pm

I know it's a bit late but I sometimes have a really light one (like literally one or 2 days and thats it), they'll be like that for a few months and then there will be a heavy one and then months of light again. Just keep a check (as I am sure you will :))
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby RagDoll » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:51 pm

I was so freaked out because my periods are always consistent, they don't differ from month to month. If they did, I wouldn't have been alarmed. It was because it was so unusual for me to have such a light one that I was concerned. Nevermind anyway, I know I'm ok so it doesn't matter :D
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Return to Physical