yasmin

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

yasmin

Postby theeflirt » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:11 am

OK here goes,
i was sick over Christmas and had 24 hour vomiting and runs bug, i know that my pill on the 1st day was totally wasted as i was ill pretty shortly after taking it, the problem is that i didn't read the literature and now I am left wondering when I'm safe again...

it was in week 3, 5 days before I was due to finish, the book advised that I go straight into the new packet and not take a break but i didn't discover this until tonight ](*,) so I'm due to start my new packet this Saturday... the problem is that it doesn't tell me when I am safe again - I'm thinking that it'll probably be 7 days after I start my packet as thats what it is in the beginning but I am not sure...

Any advice???
theeflirt
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: yasmin

Postby ToriL87 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:13 pm

Hi,
i'm on yasmin too, so after a quick look at the little booklet, the pill will only actually count as missed, if you were sick or had diarrhoea within 4 hours of taking it. So if you were only sick for 24hours thats only like missing one pill- in that case it says not to worry as your contraceptive protection shouldn't be affected as long as you continue to take the rest of your pills as the correct time(presumably this is when you don't take a break between pills, only i can't find that in my booklet)
Just to be sure though, i'd follow the 7 day rule, and use another form of contraception for the first 7 days after you start the next packet.
Sorry, can't hang out, it's Quidditch season. You know how it is...
ToriL87
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Return to Physical