Cyst delaying period?

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Cyst delaying period?

Postby Josie » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:55 pm

I discovered I had a small, normal follicular cyst on my ovary in Nov last. (i.e. nothing to really worry about). I haven't noticed many symptoms since and thought it had either gone on its own or was still there and not causing any problems. Well, my period was due on or around Jan 30th (I am not on the pill or any other form of BC) and it still hasn't come. Took a HPT today, NOT PREGNANT! Phew! (My twins are nearly two and hit the 'terrible-twos' months ago, I could not face pregnancy just now!) So, my question is, could the cyst still be there and causing problems now? Could it have grown bigger and delayed my period/interfered with my cycle? Should I just go to the doc or ring and ask for another scan? Any ideas?! Thank you!
Josie
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Re: Cyst delaying period?

Postby Skarlet » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:04 pm

I would do a different pregnancy test just to be sure, if you aren't using any form of contraception you are still at risk. I would go back to the docs and ask for further tests if you are still worried.
Skarlet
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Bel Bel » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:27 pm

Yes I would go back to the doctor if you are worried, worry can itself cause your periods not to come
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby snail » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:23 pm

I agree with both posts: do another test, maybe in a few days, and if definitely not pregnant go and tell your doc you've missed your period. Could be the cyst is influencing your cycle, and if so I think the doc needs to know.

What you said on Lemon's thread was a bit worrying though
Josie wrote:. . . maybe he is just 'funny' about periods. We use it as a 'safe' time to have sex, i.e. not get preg again!

because as she said, you can still get pregnant just as easily while on your period.
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Josie » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:52 pm

Woops! Sorry I will go and delete that comment -- I know it isn't 100% safe, and I shouldn't have written that in answer to that girl's comment. And thank you all for your replies, I will definitely ring the doc tomorrow and I will test again in a couple of days. Many thanks to you for taking the time to reply to me! It is great to get such prompt responses too xx
Josie
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby snail » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:07 pm

I don't think Lemon was bothered, Josie - we were more worried about you, especially as we know you already have your hands full!
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ToriL87 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:39 pm

Sometimes especailly if your prone to cysts, your ovaries produce a small cyst and realease it instead of an egg which would result in a missed period, i have cysts in my ovaries and used to go months without periods, thats why i decided to go on the pill. However i agree with the others that you should do another test just to be sure and put your mind at ease, also if it persists it would be worth going to your Gp, to determine whether you are developing more cysts.
Sorry, can't hang out, it's Quidditch season. You know how it is...
ToriL87
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Return to Physical