Weight gain

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Weight gain

Postby smiler656 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:10 pm

Before you read this and any people who are trying to lose weight feel like throwing something at me I just want to say this is a genuine problem that is really getting me down and any advice will be very gratefully received.

I've always been quite thin and I've spoken to my doctor about wanting to put on weight. She said I just have fast metabolism and I should enjoy it while I'm young because it won't last forever. Lately though people have starting commenting on my weight and it really upsets me. I feel like they're accusing me of something when they say I've lost weight. I actually haven't lost weight recently, according to the scales anyway. A few of my friends have made a pact to lose weight before summer and are going running together and to aerobics and exercise classes. I've recently split up with my boyfriend and would love to join them at the exercise classes. I need something to distract me and to focus on so that I'm not moping. However, they've just dismissed this as I don't need to lose weight. Nor do I want to, I just want something to do in the evenings and to join in with them. I've also just this week come off the pill (dianette) and a friend commented that when she came off her pill she lost a lot of weight. The thought of that just makes me worry even more.

I always wanted to put on a bit of weight but it never really worried me too much as there's certain parts of my body that I quite like. However, now I can't bear to look at myself in the mirror. I feel like people are talking about me. I went shopping this weekend and couldn't even try anything on. I feel so low at the moment anyway that this is the last thing I need.

I've been trying to eat more, especially to increase the amount of carbs I eat and I've been trying to snack more as this is probably my downfall. I go walking everyday and I don't want to give this up. Obviously I would love to go mad eating takeaways but as I'm off the dianette now I'm conscious of my skin getting bad again. Has anyone experienced weight loss after coming off the pill?
smiler656
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Weight gain

Postby Liquidius » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:49 pm

I used to have a problem keeping weight on, so I understand where you're coming from.

When you start taking the pill, it usually says it can make you put on weight if you're the sort of person who has problems keeping their weight down. From what you've said, you're not one of those people, so I can't imagine it'll make much difference to your weight if you stop taking it.

I'd make it clear to your friends what you've made clear on here. You could join them and help them to lose weight, whilst keeping yourself fit and healthy. Just because you're of a slim build, that certainly doesn't mean you can't join in! And it would provide you with a good distraction.
Liquidius
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby kitten » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:11 pm

I could have written your post when I was younger. Now at 28 and post baby I have joined slimming world to lose a bit!

I know its hard and people will comment no matter what. I ate and ate and never gained weight and stayed around 7 stone for years. In my pregnancy I carried on eating like usual and went up to 13 stone full term :o I lost most of that and I'm now at 9stone 13lb.

Your metabolism will change as you get older. In the meantime there is no harm in you joining your friends exercise say you want to keep fit, it won't nessacarliy make you lose anymore weight, you may infact build muscle which will add to your weight.

I got fed up of people telling me how lucky I was to be so slim, but now I wish I was again. :D

I have only been off the pill to conceive and I didn't get any changes that I can remember. Each medication effects each person differently.

You need to learn to love your body as it is and don't worry about other peoples comments.
kitten
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:40 pm

Well exercise is for your heart not just your weight. Your friends are obviously jealous and perhaps can't face seeing your body how they want theirs to be whilst they are working out
However you could say to them you could help be a visual target for them to try and achieve
Also think about your clothes. Some clothes will help you look bigger
Ultimately worrying will probably make the situation worse
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby Millenia » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:55 pm

People being over weight is a problem in our society, it's not your fault you can't gain weight so ignore people who stuff their faces full of rubbish and then get upset there over-weight. We live in such a blame society it's shocking.
Some people are just naturally thin? im sure you know of the people im talking about. I have a big build so i think i look natural as a size 12, when i had eating problems and i was 7st my hips were roughly about the same size par my waist (i looked like an alien) so it just depends on what you are as well.
your friends are being cruel about you not doing work outs with them, tell them you want to join them anyway, you don't have to be overweight to do exercise - jeez what a world we live in eh?

Millenia
Millenia
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Physical