Am i pregnant/Have i miscarried?

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Am i pregnant/Have i miscarried?

Postby inmyhead » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:08 pm

This may be a bit long.
I had unprotected sex 12 days ago.. i didnt think there was a chance i was pregnant.
On Saturday just passed i was out drinking with friends.
My period was over due by a few days but i thought nothing of it cos the sex wasnt that long ago.
On Monday i woke up in agony, i went to the bathroom and passed out in pain, the cramps in my lower stomach were agony! Later on in the day, my period came, but its been so much heavier than it usually is and the stomach cramps have been a lot worse too.
I don't want to go to the doctors about it and theres no one i can talk to. Could i have miscarried and how do i know if i have? Theres a sexual health clinic in my town, i was thinking of going there for advice/pregnancy test.
Does anyone know if it could have been what i think or is it just be being paranoid?
inmyhead
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: Am i pregnant/Have i miscarried?

Postby kitten » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:34 pm

It could have been an unusual period or a miscarriage although if the sex wasn't long ago I think that is less likely. The hormone released during pregnancy that gives a positive on the tests can stay in the body for a bit after a miscarriage so doing a pregnancy test may be positive if it was a miscarriage.

If you are worried I would go to the sexual health clinic. They can also advise you on contraception for the future as pregnancy is not the only conicidence of unprotected sex, an sexual health check may be worth while and they may provide you with free condoms too.
kitten
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby ILoveChristmas » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:32 am

kitten wrote:...only conicidence of unprotected sex.

Consequence? We know what you meant kitten :-$
Christmas to a child is the first terrible proof that to travel hopefully is better than to arrive. - Stephen Fry.

The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else’s highlight reel. — Steve Furtick
ILoveChristmas
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby kitten » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:52 pm

:oops: I'm under a lot of stress at the moment :lol:
kitten
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Physical