Something disgusting

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Something disgusting

Postby Josie » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:38 am

I feel sick. Last night I think I discovered a wart in/on my clitoris. I know, disgusting. It made me remember that years ago after an extremely traumatic event I got an outbreak of a small cluster of warts at the opening of my vagina. After a trip to the doctor they disappeared on their own without a trace and I have not thought of them since, hardly at all. Then last night during sex I could feel this tiny rough bit in my clitoris, almost like inside it, and afterwards I went and tried to look at it and I think it may be a wart. It is tiny but I am freaked out. I feel like crying. I don't know how to tell my partner about this. I don't know how I got them in the first place that time, because I feel I've always been quite careful in the partners department, but I've since read up about it and you can catch it more easily than you think and condoms don't always prevent infection of the virus. Anyway I am so afraid I have passed it on to my partner (who is going to be my husband) and I don't know how to get rid of this it is in such an awkward area. I am so afraid to discuss this with my partner because I am so so afraid he will be disgusted by me. We are very much in love and are always so open about everything with each other, but this is disgusting I am so afraid it will turn him off me and our sex life is an integral part of our daily lives. We have sex every day usually. What can I do? I have read up about Apple cider vinegar being a good home remedy but the place where the wart is isn't even touching air, it is in the fold. Anyway please reply with any experiences or advice of what to do. Thank you.
Josie
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Re: Something disgusting

Postby ILoveChristmas » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:07 pm

Well first things first, you need to establish what it is that you have.

I imagine the suspicion is that you have genital warts, so a trip to your GP or GUM clinic is required to confirm that. As i'm sure you know from your own research there is no complete cure for the virus that causes genital warts, but it can be managed. Unfortunately it's highly contageous, so if that is in fact what you have then the chances are that your partner does now carry it.

Does your parnter know about the traumatic event that took place in your past? If he doesn't, i'd be tempted to confide in him as a starting point to the conversation. As you well know, the virus concerned with genital warts can lie dormant for any number of years, so there was no reason for you to suspect you carried it.

From the way you've written your post I read that what's happening was largly unavoidable on your part, and so you need to keep looking at it that way. The fact that you and your partner are so open with each other should make things a little easier. I'm sure he won't think you're disgusting either, it's something for both of you to get through as a couple.

It's not for us to offer medical advice, but a trip to your own doctor has to be a priority to establish exactly what's going on. Remember you can get regular spots 'down there' too and that may be all this is.

If it does transpire to be genital warts, regular smear tests are a must. Good luck and i'm sorry if that isn't much help, but maybe my response will prompt others to get back to you.
Christmas to a child is the first terrible proof that to travel hopefully is better than to arrive. - Stephen Fry.

The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else’s highlight reel. — Steve Furtick
ILoveChristmas
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Josie » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:28 pm

Thank you for replying. I know it is a difficult topic! I did talk to my partner today, he was so fine about it, I couldn't believe how laidback he was about it! He just said he loves me and he doesn't care, we'll deal with whatever! I was crying and he just gave me a big hug and told me not to worry. God I love him! I should've known how understanding he'd be; he always is. It's just I felt so disgusting. I don't really want to go to the doctor though. I hate going at any time, let alone when it's something to do with 'down-there'... I know I should probably go to confirm it though. I might try the harmless home remedy first of the apple cider vinegar. Thanks so much for replying and making me feel better, and for your advice. Yes he does know about the traumatic event; it's a huge part of my life and I carry it around all the time, and he is the one I turn to most about these things. I am so glad he was so fine about it. Another question; could I have passed it on to our children? We have two small kids and I'm worrying if they could've gotten the virus in utero..?
Josie
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby ILoveChristmas » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:34 pm

Hi Josie,

I'm very glad to hear your partner was so understanding, you've got a good one there.

From what I understand (and I reiterate that i'm not qualified to give you medical advice), it is possible to pass the virus to children during birth. The virus is so contageous that contact with anything can pass it on. You don't even need to make genital contact, using the same towel as your partner is sufficient in some cases.

There is a vaccination against some forms of HPV. It's licensed in America but i'm not sure about the UK. That may be another reason to visit your GP though, if it is available and it is confirmed that you carry the virus your children may be vaccinated against it.

I've absolutely no wish to be a scare monger, but there are links between the HPV (the virus that causes genital warts) and cervical cancer, so it is important that you keep up your smear tests. But then all women should do that anyway.
Christmas to a child is the first terrible proof that to travel hopefully is better than to arrive. - Stephen Fry.

The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else’s highlight reel. — Steve Furtick
ILoveChristmas
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Josie » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:52 pm

I can't remember exactly when I had my last smear but I don't think it was too long ago. How often should I go for one? Don't worry you're not being a scare-monger I had read about that and you're right to tell me! so thank you. I did get 'abnormal' results from a smear a few years back but they did a repeat one a while later and the results were fine then. I think I'll make an appointment. I had a c-section to deliver my children, so maybe they were protected from it?..But with future children will I be able to have natural deliveries? thanks again for taking the time to reply to me
Josie
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby ILoveChristmas » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:11 pm

Hi Josie,

I'm happy to reply as long as you're getting something from them, you're a welcome distraction on a Friday afternoon!

HPV can in some cases be transmitted from mother to child during pregnancy, but in most cases the baby is capable of dealing with the virus themselves and goes on to suffer no complications (they cease to carry it), and that assumes they caught it in the first place, which is rare.

As for being able to have a normal birth, that depends on what caused you to have a C-section in the first place, but in theory there isn't any reason why you shouldn't be able to have a normal vaginal birth at a later date. In fact Midwifery Today advise that having a viginal birth, even after having previously had a C-section is safer than repeat section.

It's also worth remembering that there are different types of HPV and not all carry the same risk.

ILoveChristmas
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Josie » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:22 pm

Hi, thank you for all your help that time; just wanted to tell you it's gone away!!! I used the Apple cider vinegar, just applied it as often as I had time, with a q-tip. Now it's gone!!! I just wanted to post this so that anyone with a similar prob could try it too! Thanks again for all your help and advice xxx
Josie
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Return to Physical