how late is late?

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

how late is late?

Postby smiler656 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:16 pm

There must be something in the water as this is another pregnancy related question! I came off Dianette in mid february after 5 years on it (with one month-long break in between). My period would have been due 10 days ago had I continued on the pill as it was always like clockwork. I wasn't too worried but did a test today just to be on the safe side. Negative! (Phew!) I've been encouraged to go to the doctor but I'm wondering if maybe I could wait a little longer as I was at the doctor 2 weeks ago and I'm reluctant to part with another 50 euro if there's any chance my period could arrive soon. I'm just wondering if anyone else's body took as long to get back to normal after coming off the pill?
smiler656
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: how late is late?

Postby kerrie24 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:42 am

Im not sure if its got the same hormones in etc but I came off the injection and it took 6 months to get a period.If you were 10 days late because of pregnancy I think a test would have picked it up by now,so Id give it a bit longer before forking out money for the doctor.
kerrie24
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby spacegirl » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:39 pm

you may have had irregular periods anyway but it was the dianette keeping them like clockwork? I know that's the case with me, when i'm not on the pill my periods are all over the place, sometimes i go 6 weeks without one, then the cycle is all messed up! i'd give it a couple of months to let things go back to normal. have you gone off the pill altogether or are you planning to go onto a different one?

I think yu've to wait three weeks before a pregnancy is picked up by a test so take another one in a week's time just to put your mind at rest, but your periods being messed up after so long on the pill isn't too unusual i don't think.

just out of curiosity tho - how did you get the doc to give you dianette for 5 years?? mine wouldn't give it to me longer than 6 months because of the risk of bloodclots (not in me personally but in general), and microgynon turns me into a crazy person!!
not if you were the last dandy on earth
spacegirl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby smiler656 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:03 pm

Thank you for your replies Kerrie and Spacegirl. I will wait a bit longer and see what happens.

Spacegirl, I have no idea how I managed to stay on dianette for so long!! I switched pills about 2 years ago as my skin was good but it soon went downhill again and the doctor let me go back to dianette after 6 months. The last time I went to get my prescription renewed it was a new doctor who asked if I had tried switching before but let it go once I told her the story. She did ask me if I smoke but I don't. I suppose it all depends on your doctor! She suggested Jasmine (Yasmin?) as an alternative to dianette as its also good for your skin and recommended doing so in the summer when your skin is usually quite good anyway.
smiler656
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Physical