Dry Skin

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Dry Skin

Postby hello_kitty » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:58 pm

In the morning I wash my face and apply moisturiser, but when I go to put on my consealor, my skin goes all dry and 'bitty' and it looks awful with powder on, what do I do? I try and look after it so much but O get really bad spots aswell.... :(
hello_kitty
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Re: Dry Skin

Postby snail » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:13 pm

It sounds like you need to exfoliate (remove dead skin from the surface). This will eliminate the "bittyness" and also help with the spots. Consider glycolic acid or salicylic acid - salicylic will be the best for spots, but I finds it irritates my skin more than glycolic does. If you don't know much about this, it might be helpful to book an appointment at a beautician's and ask their advice.
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby hello_kitty » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:03 pm

thanks, i'm gonna try the exfoliater, though if you do this too much doesn't it also dry out your skin?
hello_kitty
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby Ithfifi » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:56 pm

You shouldn't need to exfoliate too often, doing it alot will cause dryness. Also always use water and never do it dryly. Are you using good quality products? Hate to sound like a makeup snob ( :( )But some cheap products won't sit well on the skin, with or without primers. It could also be worth thinking about whatever face wash you are using ~ perhaps thats the cause of the dryness and is too harsh for your skin.
Diego Rivera ~ I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.

http://ithfifi.deviantart.com/ ~ My 'gallery'.
Ithfifi
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Physical