Leaky ear

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Leaky ear

Postby dex » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:22 pm

Hello!

My right ear keeps leaking puss and both of them are getting scabby despite the fact that I do wash them and am a hygienic person.

Its usually when I wake up, hear a popping sound and end up going to the bathroom to attack my ear with a cotton wool bud.

I'm really horrified by it but dont think its serious enough to see the doctor..

Any help would be awesome!

thanks! ^_^

~
Unwaith eto, mae broblem genyf fi.
dex
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Leaky ear

Postby rufio89 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:32 pm

It sounds to me like you have a nasty infection!!

I would go to a doctor ASAP or at the very least speak to your pharmacist.
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby melons » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:48 pm

Hi dex,i have had exactly the same problem as you for about the past three or so months.But i get it in both ears,more so in the right ear,i have been told that it is excema.It is really irritating at times and itches like mad especially at night,i get through about four cotton buds a day,i went to my doctor about it but was told that it was my ear healing and that they could't give me anything for it and that my ear was clear of waxI found the best way to help with the scabbyness and itchyness is to dap a little bit of E45 cream onto a cotton bud and dap it onto to the scabby itch part.Try not to use cotton buds for a couple of days i know it is frustrating and itches like mad.And if you use earphones then switch to headphones for a while then it wont irritate the ear as much.try that a couple of times a day for a while,it should help.unfortunately there aren't any ear drops available for excema>good luck,hope my tips wok<please keep me posted about how you get on.
melons
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby dex » Sat May 01, 2010 10:43 am

Thanks some awesome tips.. I'll try them out!
I've already given up on ear phones! haha! they hurt my ear... so I use my studio ones for college! ahaha! They're a bit loud but it's only temporary (I hope!)
If not then I will venture to the doctors.
~
Unwaith eto, mae broblem genyf fi.
dex
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby snail » Sat May 01, 2010 2:20 pm

But don't forget loud earphones can harm your hearing, so take care.
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby peecee » Sat May 01, 2010 4:58 pm

Popping sound and pus? My sister used to get that when she had a burst ear drum. :-?

Why don't you just see the doctor and tell them EXACTLY where the pus is coming from (which you haven't mentioned here!), and where the popping sound is coming from? If it's an infection, as rufio says, or a burst ear drum, you need to sort it out - because it's something which is likely to keep coming back.

You'll never get another pair of ears, sweet pea! :)
Shine your light and let the whole world see.
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby dex » Sun May 09, 2010 7:22 pm

You wont believe how this has played out;

My college tutor agreed that I should see a doctor so on thursday; I had the morning off; I phoned the doctors and because it wasn't an emergency; they refused me an appointment in the nearest surgery (which is really annoying considering my parents are away). Quite annoyed; I persisted to phone them the next morning. They Gave me an appointment and the doctor told me it was an infection and gave me some antibiotics in the form of amoxalin.

I took 2 doses of them and whoosh! my ears swelled up and my whole body looked like I'd be sat in the sun for too long and my skin burns. Later that night, I threw up, as well. so the next morning (yesterday), after the parents freaking out over the phone; I ended up in A & E with my Aunty where the doctor told me that it wouldn't kill me and swapped my medication... but I'm still no better at all. I've been taking piriton that my brother bought for me... no effect whatsoever. and my skins burned so much, today that at one point; I was in tears.

If it isn't one thing; its another
dex
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby snail » Sun May 09, 2010 8:47 pm

Sounds like you had an allergic reaction to the Amoxicillin. The same thing happens to me. The doc will have swapped it for an alternative antibiotic, but it's too soon for this to have improved your ear condition much yet, you'll have to wait a bit.

I wouldn't take Piriton, or anything you haven't been prescribed - you shouldn't mix your meds. If the after-effects of the allergy are really bothering you, go back to the docs or A & E if necessary. Despite what the doc said, antibiotic allergies can be serious so don't just leave it if you're still bad.

If you're allergic to Amoxicillin you're almost certainly allergic to penicillin too. Discuss this with your doc when this is all over, and if s/he agrees with that, make sure this allergy is put on your medical records, make sure you tell all those close to you (family, boyfriends etc.), and make sure you mention it every time any doctor says you need antibiotics, for anything, even if they have your records in front of them.
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bel Bel » Mon May 10, 2010 11:36 am

I agree with sanil don't mix meds without discussing with the doctor or at the very least the pharmacist
I am allergic to penicillin and get the same reaction as you
It will get better but your body needs time to work it out of the sytem. It should be getting better slowly and no worse. if it has got worse you should definately go back to the doctor or have a chat with the pharmacist
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to Physical