Root Treatment

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Root Treatment

Postby ILoveChristmas » Wed May 05, 2010 12:02 pm

Hello,

So last Thursday I went to my dentist for the usual checkup. It had been a while since my last set of x-rays had been done so she took some more. That revealed a cavity between two of my teeth, which she had to drill and fill.

It transpired as she was working that the cavity was very deep and she actually exposed the nerve. She filled it, hoping that it would be ok as it is, but i've been suffering for the past few days from horrendous toothache, not from the tooth that was drilled, but from the entire bottom half of my jaw.

I've managed to get an emergency appointment for tomorrow, and my suspicion is that i'm going to need root treatment. She mentioned the last time that this would be the required treatment if the filling failed to work.

I'm kind of hoping that the pain is just my nerves settling down after what must have been quite an invasive drilling session, but my luck doesn't tend to swing that way.

Does anyone have experience of root treatment? Aside from the pain i'm also quite worried about the cost of it :(
Christmas to a child is the first terrible proof that to travel hopefully is better than to arrive. - Stephen Fry.

The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else’s highlight reel. — Steve Furtick
ILoveChristmas
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Root Treatment

Postby StephEChick » Wed May 05, 2010 12:50 pm

Oh dear....what a pain?!! No pun intended!!

I had a root canal a few years back......can't remember it hurting too much (only up until I had it done) and on the NHS it probably cost me around £150.

Ive since had this tooth removed as it still hurt and there was nothing more they could do......having an implant thats costing £1400....WTF!! But I have to have it done otherwise id feel like an extra on Jeremy Kyle......lol!

Good luck with it!!
StephEChick
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Physical